What's new

Holsters are getting as bad as firearms and ammunition

Decided I wanted a new revolver holster. Simple yes?? No!!
Sam Andrews-5 month wait
Ryan Grizzle-4 month wait
Ritchie Bros.-We don’t make one like that
Milt Sparks-We don’t make one like that either (but the 55BN they are making for my 1911 is a 6 month wait)
Wright Leather Works-2 1/2 months.

....Kydex be damned. I shall endure and patiently wait...until 2021😖

Decided I wanted a new revolver holster. Simple yes?? No!!
Sam Andrews-5 month wait
Ryan Grizzle-4 month wait
Ritchie Bros.-We don’t make one like that
Milt Sparks-We don’t make one like that either (but the 55BN they are making for my 1911 is a 6 month wait)
Wright Leather Works-2 1/2 months.

....Kydex be damned. I shall endure and patiently wait...until 2021[emoji37]

Kydex has awaiting period as well. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I had to settle for Cordura when I carry my Glock 43 with my Armalaser on it.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I wonder if the million + new owners intend to carry? if so, with no holster? I bet most will holster it in a drawer....

Some do. Many won't. But many new gun buyers require all the accessories and supplies that go with it. Then we have the guy with the 9mm tucked in his undershorts that was posted here recently ...

FWIW, new CCW applications are through the roof. But many new holders are getting them simply for convenience. In many states, if you carry the ammo and the firearm in the same vehicle, even if the firearm is unloaded, you are 'concealed carry'. Makes it hard for Mildred to buy that new Glock and its first box of 9mm from the LGS.

In any event, everything firearm related is being snapped up these days.

My biggest concern with it all is adequate training. Lots of new gun carriers out there now.

Just got mine from simply rugged. They restock and show what's new on fb.my custom carved holster didn't take as long as they said it would either.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Just got mine from simply rugged. They restock and show what's new on fb.my custom carved holster didn't take as long as they said it would either.

I have several holsters from Simply Rugged. The only one I don't like is my expensive one with the rattle snake inlay. Holster quality is fine, I just don't like where it rides.

Sorry that people are experiencing these type of things. I always make my own holsters, so I can't complain. Good Luck with your searches!

Lots of people hate kydex, I did at some point. But the truth is they work. You can carry safely in one of these if specifically made for your gun. It might damage the finish, but isn't it a tool? Interestingly many kydex makers will do one for your particular needs, just tell them: which light, which sights.....etc...in 5 days you will have it at home.

Lots of people hate kydex, I did at some point. But the truth is they work. You can carry safely in one of these if specifically made for your gun. It might damage the finish, but isn't it a tool? Interestingly many kydex makers will do one for your particular needs, just tell them: which light, which sights.....etc...in 5 days you will have it at home.

I prefer the look, feel, smell, and sound of leather. Nothing is more attractive than hand tooled leather.

I don’t like leather’s habit of attracting moisture and grit. It tends to be harder on the finish than kydex. Kydex offers better retention and is easier to keep clean. As it has less contact with the firearm, there is less wear.

That being said, I use a Crossbreed Super Tuck for my EDC because it’s just plain comfortable. It’s the leather side that gets the most wear and is harder on the finish, but it’s simply the most comfortable I have worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have a couple Kydex holsters. With the leather backing they’re alright, nothing special.
5 days?? Tommy Theis (who makes these) is quoting about 3 weeks. All my preferred leather craftsmen are advising this is the busiest they have EVER been.
8B9E4224-A5D1-4BD7-ADDB-FC77C36ED2D8.jpeg
B723AA46-D2F5-4554-9EE2-96DA8697CF86.jpeg

It's only going to get worse. Two ranges near me have said that all of their CCL and shooting classes are booked solid for the next three months.

Ironic. I have a few holsters which I no longer use for one reason or another. All in showroom condition and fit to popular models of firearms.
People will pay top dollar full price and wait for months for the same holster I have up for grabs at 1/2 the price and ready to ship now🤷‍♂️

I have a feeling if and when things settle down there will be a lot of guns that will be stored away and never fired. A CCW instructor said that almost 50% of the people that take the class will never follow through and finish the process.

It's only going to get worse. Two ranges near me have said that all of their CCL and shooting classes are booked solid for the next three months.

In addition to the wait for CCW classes the actual permit process with the sheriffs department is well into 2021. The thing I never understood is that you can only get your permit in the same or adjacent county and with the paperwork being state mandated it make no sense to me. With the additional new permits existing holders are having their permits expire with no renewal in sight. I have heard of a grassroots movement that will try to address the problem with expiring permits.

All depends on local state protocol.
In Tennessee...Auto tags MUST be purchased in your home county. CCW permits, Drivers Licenses, must go through a regional Homeland Security office. Hunting/Fishing licenses are available at Wal Mart. Go figure

All depends on local state protocol.
In Tennessee...Auto tags MUST be purchased in your home county. CCW permits, Drivers Licenses, must go through a regional Homeland Security office. Hunting/Fishing licenses are available at Wal Mart. Go figure

Crazy how different all states are. In Ohio you have to complete a CCW class along with range time. I know several states that border Ohio don't require any classes, its just paperwork.

In AZ, it's only classes without range time. However, almost every instructor in my locale require at least one hour of range time.

Top Bottom