What's new

Holiday PIF! - CLOSED

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
As I mentioned in another thread, it's the giving season, so it's time for another PIF! Here's the deal, the lucky winner(s) will receive a half-pound of one (or both) of the following WHOLE BEAN coffees:

Colombia Inza Veredas

This is a blend of coffees from eight different farmers from the central towns of Inza, located in Southwestern Colombia. This lot was harvested from about 1500 to 2000 meters. This blend was created by testing individual crops and combining them to form the desired taste attributes. All of these were wet processed, with most farmers using old style hand-cranked pulpers. This is another coffee from our importers program for paying farmers greater than Fair Trade minimums.

Dark (Full City): Semi-sweet dark chocolate bar with accents of red grape and apple cider.

Burundi Mutambu

This coffee is from a private washing station in the Mutambu area of Bujumbura Province. The coffees are harvested from around 1400 to 1900 meters. The station collects from many small-holder farms, who hand pick their coffees and deliver them to the station where they are washed, fermented, and then dried on raised beds. This coffee is also from our importers program for paying farmers greater than Fair Trade minimums.

Medium (City+): Smells of red raisin and spice, with sweet vanilla sugar. As the coffee cools, the sweetness develops further with notes of orange and tangerine and a raspberry tang in the finish.

(All notes from the roaster)

----

All you need to do is:

1-- Reply that you are "in"

2-- State which roast you prefer. I do not know, yet, whether I will select 1 or 2 winners. If I select two, then the first winner chosen will receive the stated preference

3-- Name at least one Café related item that is on your wish list (anything at all).

I'll close the PIF and select the winner(s) on Sunday or Monday. The coffee will be roasted over the weekend. I'll pick it up on Tuesday (probably) and get it into the mail as soon as I am able after that.

This PIF is open to everyone, but I ask non-CONUS entrants to pay the shipping.

Cheers! :cuppa: :cuppa: :cuppa:

Last edited:
Oh my! I'm in.
I do prefer lighter roasts, so medium would be better.
I've been longing for an electric temperature adjustable kettle.

Definitely in! Medium roast, please.
I'm wishing (although it's not looking likely) for a new espresso machine. I have a Gaggia Color (similar to the Pure, but in red) that does ok, but I'd love to upgrade to a Rancilio Rocky (or better!)

Can't resist such an awesome PIF!

I'm in and I'll pick the dark Columbian.

I need a grinder and now another french press as well.

Thanks for the PIF

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
You might be amazed at the differences you can taste in a high quality bean roasted properly. I never thought I'd be able to either, but when I started roasting (Haven't done any in about 5 years) I was surprised at the differences I picked up among different jean origins. You almost owe it to yourself to give it a try.
Very generous. I would love to say im in but not sure i have the pallet to properly enjoy them.

I'm in! A French press, I have recently upgraded to organic sumatra beans. I love that coffee, so you will have to pick what's closest.
I ran out and had to switch back to Folgers for a few days. Why did I drink that for so long. Yeck

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Very generous. I would love to say im in but not sure i have the pallet to properly enjoy them.

You might be amazed at the differences you can taste in a high quality bean roasted properly. I never thought I'd be able to either, but when I started roasting (Haven't done any in about 5 years) I was surprised at the differences I picked up among different jean origins. You almost owe it to yourself to give it a try.

I agree completely, [MENTION=106597]cseverhart77[/MENTION]. There's no better way to develop a palate than to try stuff. I can't speak to these particular coffees just yet, as I've not even tried them, but I know the roasters. I have full confidence in their ability to make some great coffee.

I do love a good dark roast, the item that would be on my wish list would be a new espresso machine, non-pressurized portafilter.

I'm in please for either one. I'm completely new to all of this as I just started drinking coffee recently. So at this point I'm enjoying trying anything and everything.

As far as what equipment to buy goes, I don't have any high end equipment yet but I would like to start with a grinder to see what a difference that makes.

In! Medium preferred, but I like iced coffee and the description intrigues me about naturally sweetening when it cools. I can enjoy different roasts though. I want an old hand grinder. And an R2D2 French press.

I'm in. I love dark coffee, but Burundi Mutambu sounds wonderful.

I'm wanting Nespresso refills. Its such an easy way to have good espresso.

I agree completely, [MENTION=106597]cseverhart77[/MENTION]. There's no better way to develop a palate than to try stuff. I can't speak to these particular coffees just yet, as I've not even tried them, but I know the roasters. I have full confidence in their ability to make some great coffee.
Ok, im in then!

Either one would be great to try, i prefer dark roast and my wife prefers a lighter roast.

I currently have an electric kettle on the wish list.

Me and my better half have been expanding our tea knowledge and just beginning to dive into coffee. I convinced her to ditch the kureg last year, and she uses her press more and more each day.

I'm in. Thank you for the generous offering! They both sound great, but I'm leaning toward the medium. This espresso machine is on the top of my wish list: Breville Espresso Maker BES870XL

I'm in! Thank you very much!
Dark for me [emoji1]

I would love you have an espresso maker. We currently use a French Press, but I sure do like an espresso after dinner sometimes [emoji4]

Top Bottom