What's new

Holiday Orders and Inventory Updates

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Just wanted to give an update on inventory and holiday ordering.

The holidays and years end are just around the corner and if there is something in particular you are after it is best to plan ahead. With the tougher economy, slower sales and not wanting to get caught with large materials inventory at years end for tax purposes, it is unlikely I will place any more leather orders in 2022 so some leathers may sell out. I do have a good supply of Artisan grade Veg Tanned Horse and Black Latigo but once gone there may not be more till mid January. Plenty of Plain strops on hand right now though. I do hope to have my European Bridle and possibly a new, much more supple Premium Steerhide in 2023. This will give the widest variety of draw options.

Supply chain issues are still everywhere and many of my suppliers have already announced more price increases coming for 2023. In the past year, leather, cotton webbing and hardware have increased 6% to 20%. Cotton webbing has nearly doubled, and the mills are not currently producing my Flax Linen webbing. For the most part I have been to hold pricing and I will do my best to keep prices as reasonable as I can.

Hope everyone is doing well and as always contect me if you have any questions or needs.

Thanks!

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I do have a few horse butts arriving from Horween tomorrow and hopefully they will provide both Artisan and Plain strops as I am down to 2 pieces on Veg Tanned Horsehide right now.

I also listed a bunch of "onesies" today......2 1/2" strops in various horse and steerhide tannages of which I only have one piece on hand. Same Artisan grade as usual, just single pieces that did not warrant their own separate product listing.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Horween horsehide arrived as scheduled and looks pretty good. This lot will definitely yield more Artisan grade strops, not sure on Plain or Roughouts yet till I did really start cutting and grading. It is hard to tell until you actually cut strop sized pieces to see where any flaws may lay.

I do still have a little bit of Wickett & Craig USA Black Latigo on hand. This is my "Anti-Latigo", smooth and creamy draw rather than the stick draw of overly waxed Latigo that many tanneries are making now. I also have a few pieces on the thin, flexible, Notovan Roughout I used for a special project for a customer. There is a separate post about that leather here.

If placing orders for a Holiday delivery probably best to do it by the weekend of the 17th to allow for postal delays.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
About one week left if ordering for Christmas delivery. Last Priority mailing day is the 19th to be assured of delivery on time.

Still a fair supply of Horsehide left, just one or two Black Latigo and a few 2 1/2" strops in a variety of leathers.

Thanks

Top Bottom