What's new

Holiday Drama?

I try to stay away from drama. But sometimes it just...

I was at a family get-together, and I dressed as Santa for the younger kids. Everything goes well, except my brother-in-law's friend is there. Drunk. This is my brother-in-law's home and the first time I've met said friend, so I figured as long as he's not being belligerent I'll be nice.

Friend sits on my lap and starts the goofy adult-talking-to-Santa stuff. There are a few weird looks going around, then friend grabs my... genitals. Brother-in-law looks me in the eye and removes all of the kids from the room.

I stand up, grab friend by the throat, and lift him up. I say some rather unkind words to him in a hushed voice. Brother-in-law comes in and asks me to let him go. Friend has to leave now.

So... how is your holiday going?

:)

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I did well at my party. It was me only and my sister’s husband and his family. My sister’s son Terry said that he saw how full of love my Aunt Jule was. She loved all 4 of my nephews. I was really touched. Terry also said that he and I are brothers.

I think you win, so far.
I'm just watching meat boil. It's very subdued here this year. Just us, no additional family.
We'll make it up next year.

Friend probably did that to freak you out and get a reaction. It seems to have worked.

In your place, I would have yelled "Ho, ho, ho! You're very naughty!", and thrown him to the floor.
:laugh:

Always one person who gets drunk and starts trying to be "funny". But this year, with social distancing, not much room for drama.

In the past, one of the drunks at the office pissed himself while passed out in a chair. Another year, another drunk started ranting about feminine hygiene at the karaoke machine before being dragged away by a more sober associate.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Yeah......mine was a little different than yours, for sure. I doubt my pulse ever got above 70 bpm all day. Pretty mellow, my wife and teenage children, hung out, played games, ate, ate some more. Capped the night off by eating. Bed. Sorry about the unpleasant drunken behaviour, but thanks for sharing some excitement. I needed that!

Yeah......mine was a little different than yours, for sure. I doubt my pulse ever got above 70 bpm all day. Pretty mellow, my wife and teenage children, hung out, played games, ate, ate some more. Capped the night off by eating. Bed. Sorry about the unpleasant drunken behaviour, but thanks for sharing some excitement. I needed that!

As long as you enjoyed it :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I spent the wee early hours of the morning, standing in the cold and dark, convincing a very, emotionally broken young man, to hand me his pistol and not let his parents wake up in a few hours and find out their son killed himself sitting in his vehicle at a park on Christmas morning.

I made sure to call everyone of my children when I got off work; to ask them, if they knew how much their father loves them.

The answers were yes... :)

I spent the wee early hours of the morning, standing in the cold and dark, convincing a very, emotionally broken young man, to hand me his pistol and not let his parents wake up in a few hours and find out their son killed himself sitting in his vehicle at a park on Christmas morning.

You are a rock star in my world @OkieStubble. That young man now has a second chance because of your willingness to put yourself in harms way. Thank you for doing what you do.

I made sure to call everyone of my children when I got off work; to ask them, if they knew how much their father loves them.

Thank you, sir.

Now that is a gift, hopefully, that the young man will remember and appreciate.
Well played!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Now that is a gift, hopefully, that the young man will remember and appreciate.
Well played!

Hopefully. He will probably spend about a week in the hospital on EOD, so he will get to talk too, many caring people who will begin a ongoing relationship with him. Many times, people find themselves in these situations because of troubles from already established relationships, just to find, the new relationships they find and build thru this, became the saving grace. :)

We got to hug it out when it was finally over. I don't know who cried more, him or me. ;)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
6:30am Christmas morning a suicide bomber exploded an RV downtown Nashville knocking out AT&T service and 911 service through the weekend. No deaths, a few non-life threatening injuries.

It sucked not having phone service all weekend.

So that was some drama.

Hopefully. He will probably spend about a week in the hospital on EOD, so he will get to talk too, many caring people who will begin a ongoing relationship with him. Many times, people find themselves in these situations because of troubles from already established relationships, just to find, the new relationships they find and build thru this, became the saving grace. :)

We got to hug it out when it was finally over. I don't know who cried more, him or me. ;)
You are a good dude. I wish this type of story made the news.

I try to stay away from drama. But sometimes it just...

I was at a family get-together, and I dressed as Santa for the younger kids. Everything goes well, except my brother-in-law's friend is there. Drunk. This is my brother-in-law's home and the first time I've met said friend, so I figured as long as he's not being belligerent I'll be nice.

Friend sits on my lap and starts the goofy adult-talking-to-Santa stuff. There are a few weird looks going around, then friend grabs my... genitals. Brother-in-law looks me in the eye and removes all of the kids from the room.

I stand up, grab friend by the throat, and lift him up. I say some rather unkind words to him in a hushed voice. Brother-in-law comes in and asks me to let him go. Friend has to leave now.

So... how is your holiday going?

:)

Move out of Appalachia. And if we are talking about West Virginia, leave now. This second. And take a loaded gun with you.

Just kidding. Kind of...

Human interactions are just so...vexatious.

Top Bottom