What's new

Holding my straight in my fist.

After viewing a video from an experienced SRP member on YouTube, I have done some experimenting with holding my razor with the scales straight out from the blade for some strokes. This is mainly in some of the tighter spots on my chin, at one corner of my mouth where there's a funny sort of bump nearby, and on the scything, upward strokes on my neck. It's less elegant-feeling than the three-finger, right-angle hold — but I feel a lot more in control.

After viewing a video from an experienced SRP member on YouTube, I have done some experimenting with holding my razor with the scales straight out from the blade for some strokes. This is mainly in some of the tighter spots on my chin, at one corner of my mouth where there's a funny sort of bump nearby, and on the scything, upward strokes on my neck. It's less elegant-feeling than the three-finger, right-angle hold — but I feel a lot more in control.

I primarily use the "standard" hold but for the odd angles I get creative with my grip.

I use that japanese style grip for South to North on my neck and my chin and on a East to West pass on my checks.

Recently I've been keeping the blade and scales more or less in similar position, but shifting my grip
- something like holding close to the blade with the thumb and first two fingers.

Basically - whatever feels most in control and helps me get at the right angle (after some experimenting).

Top Bottom