What's new

Hoffritz

So - I bought a lot on the bay the other day mainly to grab the Hoffritz slant in it.

I confirmed with the seller that it was indeed what I thought and they sent me a few extra pictures.

I love slants and have heard lots of good things about the Hoffritzbut didn’t want to spend a ton of money on one having never tried one.

There are maybe one or two other razors in the lot that I’ll keep (Auto Strop VC2, GEM G-Bar) but otherwise I’m cleaning them up and selling them...and even if I only get on average $5 or so per razor the other three will end up being right about FREE!

Anyway, here are the BEFORE pics:

0BE3257E-BC3C-41C8-AD36-2F4B8F5665D2.jpeg

AAAE850F-7A1D-4A33-9841-062D8139C2F8.jpeg

And AFTER the first round of cleaning and polishing (Probably stop there in the head and cap since I believe I’ve heard it’s Zamak underneath).

97AADB3F-A4FF-403E-9BAD-9E88412E2736.jpeg

48F973D5-7AD3-41A0-88C8-1FFF43148887.jpeg

Didn't take my normal morning shave picture but I shaved with it this morning.

I much prefer my slants when I missed a day and I slept in yesterday and didn't take a shower so no shave yesterday.

First pass cut through like a hot knife through butter.

I normally do a three pass, especially after missing a day but just to see what the results would be I skipped the XTG and went straight to the ATG. Honestly the XTG would have made the ATG a little smoother but still ended up with a CCS and no weepers or irritation.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Nice razor! I have the Merkur-branded version. Smooth cap means pre-1970, according to the folks at Merkur.

O.H.

Top Bottom