What's new

Hoffritz Slant?

Is the Hoffritz slant bar the same thing as a Merkur slant? I remember reading somewhere that the majority of slant bar razors were just rebranded Merkur's but I can't find any solid information.

Sam said:
I use an old Hoffritz Slant Bar

Sam

How does it compare to the Merkur? Is it simply a rebranded Merkur? Was it made to different specifications than the Merkur model just for Hoffritz?

S

Sam

I think the Hoftirz has a different knob at the bottom. Ill have to grab it later today and compare it to SLCSteve's pic, and will report back

sam

AJS said:
Is the Hoffritz slant bar the same thing as a Merkur slant? I remember reading somewhere that the majority of slant bar razors were just rebranded Merkur's but I can't find any solid information.

Not true - Slant Bars have been made by lots of (though mostly German) companies...., I think Apollo were the first to make them.

Regards
John

S

Sam

I viewed a pic of the Merkur slant bar online and my Hoffritz has some difference. There is not the band of clear silver just above the handle portion that is scored. Also, the bottom knob, if you will call it such, is just one big old plain silver portion with a score around the top, a small ring if you will, then a big space and then a similar ring around the bottom. Maybe some can post a pic from some online source

Sam

Top Bottom