What's new

Hoffritz slant from restored razors

Just wanted to share the splendid job Dave did on a gold slant. It was pretty well beat up. $_DSC3308_DxO.jpg$_DSC3309_DxO.jpg$_DSC3310_DxO.jpg$_DSC3311_DxO.jpg Shown as shipped.

Dave does amazing work. When it's time to do my favorite NEW's in Rhodium, Dave is getting a package from me. Congrats.

The Hoffritz are of course made by Merkur and the head/head top/TTO Section are Zinc Alloy (Zamac).

This one had some light pitting but I managed to add a lot of copper to neautralise any corrosion, then added a layer of Nickel, then Gold so she should hold up well now.

The original gold plating was just about worn through on most of the handle, head top and safety bar etc, the nickel was in reasonable condition but there was some pitting under the head and on the head top.

The Hoffritz are of course made by Merkur and the head/head top/TTO Section are Zinc Alloy (Zamac).

This one had some light pitting but I managed to add a lot of copper to neautralise any corrosion, then added a layer of Nickel, then Gold so she should hold up well now.

The original gold plating was just about worn through on most of the handle, head top and safety bar etc, the nickel was in reasonable condition but there was some pitting under the head and on the head top.

Outstanding work Dave!

:thumbup:

Very impressive job Dave! Do you wear a white coat and have test tubes bubbling fog in the basement? :thumbup1:

Top Bottom