What's new

Hobbit’s Weed

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So there is this mythical blend I have been reading about that has been discontinued for a spell. Anyone here know the blend and try it themselves? I feel that it’s been out of production long enough that people that have tried replicating it would have some acclimated tobacco by now.

Lots of people have posted the recipe for this as well, which I believe is the same as one of the referenced tobaccos @nortac linked.

Most I have seen are like this:
50% Lane BCA
25% Lane Very Cherry
25% Sutliff 1m Vanilla

I've seen the recipe vary between Sutfliff 1-M and Lane 1-Q. I do a version with the above recipe, but I use Lane Black Raspberry in place of Lane Very Cherry, because I don't really care for cherry flavor. I also add in some Carter Hall to give the smoke more body and help prevent it from burning hot.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've smoked Hobbit's Weed, and it was pretty good. Definitely a cherry aromatic that doesn't suck. Lots of recipes out there to replicate, as others have mentioned, but I haven't tried any of those.

For cherry blends, I prefer the GH Cherry Cream Flake, GH Black Cherry Rope, and Solani Blue 369 (sometimes called the Sweetness of Perique, but the perique is very mild in it).

Tewksbury and CO was my home Tobacconist for almost twenty years. Those guys would ship Hobbits Weed to every corner of the pipe smoking world. It was sad to see them shut their doors a few years ago, they left a large hole in downtown Denver tobacco community for sure.

Glad to see the pursuit of Hobbits Weed staying alive however.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
So I’m actually gonna hive this a go. Tobacco is ordered. Do you think vacuum bagging might force some flavor melding?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
So I’m actually gonna hive this a go. Tobacco is ordered. Do you think vacuum bagging might force some flavor melding?

A buddy of mine who smokes only Super Value Black Cavendish does something similar. He opens the bag, squeezes out all of the air, and rolls it down into a tight log, then binds it with rubber bands and lets it sit compressed for 2 weeks. He says it really improves the blend. I’ve tried some of his “pressed” tobacco, and I gotta say it’s not bad after he does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
A buddy of mine who smokes only Super Value Black Cavendish does something similar. He opens the bag, squeezes out all of the air, and rolls it down into a tight log, then binds it with rubber bands and lets it sit compressed for 2 weeks. He says it really improves the blend. I’ve tried some of his “pressed” tobacco, and I gotta say it’s not bad after he does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ill keep you posted. I remember watching old vacuum sealer infomercials where they claimed it sped up marinating meats. Figured it would do the same marrying the tobaccos

My blend that i keep , i mixed last march, so 18 months ago, I vacuumed sealed it tight, and let it sit.
When I open the bag it is a hard clump, i beak some off and reseal it again until i need another chunk.
I think it is better, and it takes less room and I can reseal the bag when I take some out.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
One pound of Hobbits Weed mixed and vacuumed up. Im going to visit it in 2 weeks and see how it is. I shouldve reserved some now to see how it is, but ill take that two week benchmark as a beginning spot

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have a buddy who is a big fan. I've smoked the original with him. And he also made a big batch based on the recipe from the original maker and they taste the same to me. We did a little group buy thing locally, and we each got a nice ball jar of the DIY blend. It's a good smoke.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Funny how much I want something that is gone. I still have a piece of P160 and a part of a stick of Irisch moos . . . shaving soaps. Nice stuff but there is other nice stuff.

Top Bottom