What's new

Ho, Ho, Ho: Christmas Soaps!

I live in London, and have my soap shipped from Alabama. That's a vote of confidence in Soap Commander!

Just ordered:
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 10.09.13.png
Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 10.10.07.png

I just love what they come up with for the limited edition soaps. Ordered some lovely bath soaps for Christmas presents too. I just regret not being able to have their aftershave splash shipped here.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I bought PAA Space Nog a couple of weeks ago. I love this soap. It's seasonal, so they only make it in their CK-6 formula. It's a cross between their Atomic Age Bay Rum with an eggnogish scent added in...wonderful.

Only one I have is Captains Choice North. I don’t think it’s in production anymore. I only have it because it was tossed in with a lot full of other things I bought awhile back, and I haven’t even tried it yet. I get to try it in the morning. I’m looking forward to it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Only one I have is Captains Choice North. I don’t think it’s in production anymore. I only have it because it was tossed in with a lot full of other things I bought awhile back, and I haven’t even tried it yet. I get to try it in the morning. I’m looking forward to it.
Yes! Please do report!

Stirling - Christmas Eve, C Coniferous, Evergreen Forest
Captains Choice - North (will be bummed when this is gone. Ordered Long Rifle - Saranac as it sounds similar, will see...)
B+M - Nocturne (probably more Halloween, but the apples still remind me of xmas too)

Excited to try Noble Otter - The Night Before.
Really hope B+M First Snow comes back at some point. Would love to try that. Anyone have recommendations for similar scents?

Yes! Please do report!

It smells awesome. They hit the sense of winter conifer forest very well. Of course my bathroom is a comfortable 73F degrees every day, so the only way to feel the chill outside of my face is to look at the frost on the window :)

I had disappearing lather issues using my Simpsons Trafalgar T2 with it. Had to switch to a natural hair brush, which worked far better.

FarmerTan

Stirling - Christmas Eve, C Coniferous, Evergreen Forest
Captains Choice - North (will be bummed when this is gone. Ordered Long Rifle - Saranac as it sounds similar, will see...)
B+M - Nocturne (probably more aHalloween, but the apples still remind me of xmas too)

Excited to try Noble Otter - The Night Before.
Really hope B+M First Snow comes back at some point. Would love to try that. Anyone have recommendations for similar scents?
Let us know about that Long Rifle -Saranac please my friend.

I think my favorite thing about Christmas is the smells my brain associates with it...even more than getting together with people.

Yes, I am that shallow I suppose...

Just had my first shave with Stirling's Christmas Eve! What a great scent, I'm really happy with it so far.

The only issue I had is that I left my shipment on my porch overnight in the freezing cold, and my aftershave splashes slightly separated due to the temps. I shook them up which blended the ingredients again, but it looks a bit cloudy now. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have affected performance at all, and the aftershave works and smells great!

FarmerTan

Just had my first shave with Stirling's Christmas Eve! What a great scent, I'm really happy with it so far.

The only issue I had is that I left my shipment on my porch overnight in the freezing cold, and my aftershave splashes slightly separated due to the temps. I shook them up which blended the ingredients again, but it looks a bit cloudy now. Thankfully it doesn't seem to have affected performance at all, and the aftershave works and smells great!
Hopefully they will return to their original state! The samples I've tried are first rate. Really strong, lasting scents.

Hopefully they will return to their original state! The samples I've tried are first rate. Really strong, lasting scents.

I had two in the package, and only the Christmas Eve had noticeable separation. It must be a particularly viscous oil they use as an ingredient in that one. I just give it a good shake before using it and it's fine, but I'll have to keep my other bottles out of the freezing cold in the future!

These are my first Stirling aftershaves, and I'm really happy with them. The longevity is pretty impressive, and they smell great! I also would recommend their bath soap bars. I used Christmas Eve yesterday and it was great. I grabbed a pile of their other seasonal scents that I'm looking forward to using soon.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Finally got Dr. Jon's awesome Krampus dialed in. Had switched from easy-peasy synthetic to a Best Badger (more water! THEN, more water!) this week. Anyways.

Krampus smells like mulled cider or gluhwein ... one of those hot, boozy spiced Christmas drinks. Love it. Nothing so obvious as a piny Christmas tree, or the Christmassy overall picture Vespers brings.

Just wish that satanic can would stop looking at me ...

AA
K.png

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Krampus isn’t satanic. He’s a code enforcer from Nifhelheim - the first world made by the Jotuns of Germanic/Scandinavian/Central European mythology. Therefore, everything Krampus does is merely a ‘first-world’ problem and not satanic at all

autocorrect decided “Krampus” was “Lea push”. Now that’s satanic.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Krampus isn’t satanic. He’s a code enforcer from Nifhelheim - the first world made by the Jotuns of Germanic/Scandinavian/Central European mythology. Therefore, everything Krampus does is merely a ‘first-world’ problem and not satanic at all

autocorrect decided “Krampus” was “Lea push”. Now that’s satanic.

Oh! Many thanks; not the first time *today* I've been wrong! :lol:

I wish it WAS satanic; not throwing shade on the Underworld, which seems to be running things these days.

Scandi/Germanic mythology is something I'd like to read more about. The Sagas kind of lost me, thought I did read the Havamal. We have Danish friends.

However. Now, seeing Krampus in a dark alley ... what a relief! NOT a devil. Maybe we can get a drink ... guess he can't fix 2020 though.

AA

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Have only read translated fragments of the Hávamál in D’Aulaire’s North Myths. Hoping to start that and Finnish the Kalevala.

Also, I have no idea if Krampus is satanic or from other mythologies of the countries that use his likeness in Yuletide celebrations. I just wanted to make a rotten pun so bad.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Have only read translated fragments of the Hávamál in D’Aulaire’s North Myths. Hoping to start that and Finnish the Kalevala.

Also, I have no idea if Krampus is satanic or from other mythologies of the countries that use his likeness in Yuletide celebrations. I just wanted to make a rotten pun so bad.
Krampus the soap is pushing out all my other Yule soaps - I really like it. Next there'll be a Sinterklass/Zwarte Piet soap...

I need to get back to B&M Vespers. Actually, they're all really good. I am a total sucker for seasonal soaps.

AA

Top Bottom