What's new

Hitachi vs. Panasonic

I think if I were you I would see if it is room in your economy to have both an electric shaver and a cartridge system or maybe a DE razor. The electric is expensive of course but a blade setup can be had quite cheap (compared to electric). Then you will really find out what is "best". Personally I switch around all the time. I use electric a ton but lately have been using my old Muhle R89 a lot too. For me shaving with electric (Philips S7710) is much faster and on the same level or a closer shave than 2 WTG passes with a blade (fusion proglide included), but with an ATG pass with blade + touch up I get that super duper close shave. It takes more time to achieve this and I wonder if this BBS shave is even needed in this Covid-age with low resolution meetings over Teams. Pixels big as Lego bricks etc. I am ranting. Get both! ;)

I think if I were you I would see if it is room in your economy to have both an electric shaver and a cartridge system or maybe a DE razor. The electric is expensive of course but a blade setup can be had quite cheap (compared to electric). Then you will really find out what is "best". Personally I switch around all the time. I use electric a ton but lately have been using my old Muhle R89 a lot too. For me shaving with electric (Philips S7710) is much faster and on the same level or a closer shave than 2 WTG passes with a blade (fusion proglide included), but with an ATG pass with blade + touch up I get that super duper close shave. It takes more time to achieve this and I wonder if this BBS shave is even needed in this Covid-age with low resolution meetings over Teams. Pixels big as Lego bricks etc. I am ranting. Get both! ;)

The B&B answer! I like it! :biggrin1:

Every time I had to use a blade in the past I had to use a lot of toilet tissue to congeal the blood on my face from the nicks. The difference in closeness, which isn’t much different, is not worth the pain nor the time it takes to prepare for the shave, to actually shave, to accomplish the first aid and then to cleanup. Shaving with my Braun Series 7 takes 5 or six minutes total time including cleanup. Also, shaving with my Braun takes very little concentration nor much effort.

Since returning to the payroll in June after a three month furlough, I have been doing a lot of work remotely at home. I have gone as long as a couple of days without shaving unless I have a meeting on MS teams.

Every time I had to use a blade in the past I had to use a lot of toilet tissue to congeal the blood on my face from the nicks. The difference in closeness, which isn’t much different, is not worth the pain nor the time it takes to prepare for the shave, to actually shave, to accomplish the first aid and then to cleanup. Shaving with my Braun Series 7 takes 5 or six minutes total time including cleanup. Also, shaving with my Braun takes very little concentration nor much effort.

Since returning to the payroll in June after a three month furlough, I have been doing a lot of work remotely at home. I have gone as long as a couple of days without shaving unless I have a meeting on MS teams.

If u had to pick between a 7 blade razor and the flexball power razor from gillette, which one would u pick??

Top Bottom