What's new

history of proraso

which of the proraso shave products is best for guys who have the MOST SENSITIVE SKIN WHEN SHAVING AGAINST THE GRAIN? which proraso shave cream would work best for men who have the MOST SENSITIVE SKIN IN THE WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO SHAVING AGAINST THE GRAIN???? also, where online can i buy such a proraso cream or product for guys who have the most sensitive skin when shaving against the grain??? amazon, ebay, alibaba, ect......... i live here in houston but would like to order online instead. can anyone help me out here??? how many proraso products should i buy if i have extremely sensitive skin when shaving against the grain?????? rsvp.

which of the proraso shave products is best for guys who have the MOST SENSITIVE SKIN WHEN SHAVING AGAINST THE GRAIN? which proraso shave cream would work best for men who have the MOST SENSITIVE SKIN IN THE WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO SHAVING AGAINST THE GRAIN???? also, where online can i buy such a proraso cream or product for guys who have the most sensitive skin when shaving against the grain??? amazon, ebay, alibaba, ect......... i live here in houston but would like to order online instead. can anyone help me out here??? how many proraso products should i buy if i have extremely sensitive skin when shaving against the grain?????? rsvp.

Voila. Enjoy the shaves.

Why shave against the grain at all if you have sensitive skin? I do two with the grain passes on my neck (which is my most sensitive area) and go across the grain everywhere else.

You should consider two XTG passes in different directions as an alternative to going ATG. Then follow with Proraso green splash (one of my favorites)!!

You could also use the pre-shave cream (white for sensitive skin) and, like others have said, avoid altogether ATG.

I’ve found the red soap/cream and green AS work well with my delicate skin. Go to an Italian grocery locally for best prices. Also, only go XTG.

where can i get it cheaper???? rsvp
That’s one of the best prices for the single blade line of creams. They are in larger bags because they are meant for barbers. $22 is usually what they go for. You might get lucky and find it on amazon or eBay for a few bucks less.

That’s one of the best prices for the single blade line of creams. They are in larger bags because they are meant for barbers. $22 is usually what they go for. You might get lucky and find it on amazon or eBay for a few bucks less.
can i use it with disposable multiblade razors from gillette, schick or bic? rsvp

If you have sensitive skin and want to shave against the grain, personally, I would suggest using something a lot better than Proraso. I have evaluated over 150 soaps and creams and consider Proraso to be a Tier 3 soap. There are other soaps that will provide greater slickness and much better protection for your skin and provide better post-shave feel.

If you have sensitive skin and want to shave against the grain, personally, I would suggest using something a lot better than Proraso. I have evaluated over 150 soaps and creams and consider Proraso to be a Tier 3 soap. There are other soaps that will provide greater slickness and much better protection for your skin and provide better post-shave feel.
I think from his asking for a cheaper price of Proraso and asking about the cheapest brush in another thread, he doesn't want to spend much money on his shave gear.

If you have sensitivity issues when shaving against the grain, then my advice to you is quite simple .....
..... Do not shave against the grain ! Relax, enjoy our shaving hobby, and have fun ! Don't get all stressed.

I think from his asking for a cheaper price of Proraso and asking about the cheapest brush in another thread, he doesn't want to spend much money on his shave gear.

I fully understand that some folks need to be frugal with their shaving supplies. However, for only a little more money, he could purchase a refill puck of Tabac or Mitchell's Wool Fat and get a soap far more suitable for sensitive skin than Proraso. Purchasing a product that is not working for you at a lower price is not economical.

I fully understand that some folks need to be frugal with their shaving supplies. However, for only a little more money, he could purchase a refill puck of Tabac or Mitchell's Wool Fat and get a soap far more suitable for sensitive skin than Proraso. Purchasing a product that is not working for you at a lower price is not economical.

I completely agree, which is why my suggestion was the Single Edge line of Proraso. It outperforms almost anything out there.

Last edited:
Don,

Before you spend any money on a product that may or may not work, I suggest you try a few cold water shaves. You might be surprised!

BTW cold water does not mean "ice cube water." It means neutral or cool water that comes out of the cold water tap.

W
What would be better than proraso for sensitive skin when shaving atg???? Rsvp

The main issue is that you just need to experience products for yourself. It’s the only real way to figure out what you like and what works for you.

A soap on its own will not necessarily make or break a shave (particularly one proven by many)...shave results are a culmination of prep, technique, in-shave products, and post shave care.

Proraso, like any other product, has its promoters and its detractors. For instance, I get perfectly fine shaves with Proraso products. Though I consider it a good entry level, basic soap, that doesn’t stop me from getting perfect shave results with Proraso Red and with an open blade razor...something a number of folks would be aghast at.

Top Bottom