What's new

Highland Springs Soap Co. new tallow soap

Highland Springs Soap Co., an artisan company out of British Columbia, released a new tallow soap a few months ago. I first heard about their tallow soap on Ruds Shaves. I was very intrigued because it received a high shave score and contains a relatively short ingredient list.

HSSC's first tallow-soap release was Eclipse distributed through their own website and WCS.

I was wondering if anybody has tried this new tallow soap. They are offering more scents as well as an unscented version on this tallow base. I thought I'd hear a few other reviews before ordering one. Thanks!

Havent tried Highland Springs yet but am curious to hear thoughts from people that have tried this soap base.
Thank you very much for the one and only response I got. My only source of info about the performance of this soap is a Ruds Shaves youtube review which I often follow and accept. But I remain very curious to hear what others say about it.

Perhaps times are tough and not many are up to trying new artisans. I hope that changes soon.

Thank you very much for the one and only response I got. My only source of info about the performance of this soap is a Ruds Shaves youtube review which I often follow and accept. But I remain very curious to hear what others say about it.

Perhaps times are tough and not many are up to trying new artisans. I hope that changes soon.

Yeah given the current world situation I think most people are not concerned with trying new soaps at the moment. Ruds is usually right on the money for the most part so his review should give you a good idea of what to expect. Scents can be subjective but if something sounds good I say go for it.

I'm debating between HSSC new tallow soap and Stirling Beeswax unscented both of which are available at TopoftheChain in Canada at a very reasonable price.

I'm debating between HSSC new tallow soap and Stirling Beeswax unscented both of which are available at TopoftheChain in Canada at a very reasonable price.
Why not both? hahaha. But if I were to choose, I'd go with Stirling because I know that their products are proven to be good.... just my 2 cents.

Why not both? hahaha. But if I were to choose, I'd go with Stirling because I know that their products are proven to be good.... just my 2 cents.
I feel I don't belong to the wet-shaving community without having at least a tub of Stirling! HSSC is also very tantalizing given that it has tallow as the main ingredient and not too many butters and fats. That would be perfect of hot and hazy summer months around the corner. I might as well order both!

you must provide a full review when you take the plunge!
PLEASE!

@Granite.Glasser, I sure will. I love tallow soaps that don't have a whole bunch of additional butters added to them in the name of post-shave conditioning. HSSC meets that criteria for me. I chatted with the soap-makers on FB a few months ago whey they had just released their tallow soap, very decent people.

Top Bottom