What's new

High West Rendezvous Rye

I was over my youngest son's home this weekend. He opened a bottle of High West Rendezvous Rye. I don't normally drink Rye but this one surprised me. Very refreshing and smooth. Served neat, it was a treat.

proxy.php

Anyone ever try it?

I've been through a bottle and have another opened. Also have a bottle of their Yippee Ki Yay. They have a nice little bar/restaurant in Park City and the Distilery is is on private land (Blue Sky Ranch if I remember correctly) and is beautiful. We really want to go back :). I think they are distilling their own clear liquor but sourcing bourbon and rye from other sources and blending.

I like their ryes a lot. Their bourbon is ok but I'd rather drink other.

I've been through a bottle and have another opened. Also have a bottle of their Yippee Ki Yay. They have a nice little bar/restaurant in Park City and the Distilery is is on private land (Blue Sky Ranch if I remember correctly) and is beautiful. We really want to go back :). I think they are distilling their own clear liquor but sourcing bourbon and rye from other sources and blending.

Good info. I did not realize they had so many products.

You’re correct on that one. High West is primarily a blending operation but they produce some really fantastic blends. The rendevous rye and double rye are both excellent and some of my favorite rye’s out there. I sometimes wonder if their prices are too steep for not distilling their own whiskey, but then i take a sip and realize i don’t really care where they’re getting it.

They are great sipping rye but be careful not to have them with spicy food. Could just be me, but we had some very fancy ginger cookies that I thought would be a great pairing for an after dinner treat. I was wrong. It burned my mouth. Fortunately I was the first to try it and our guests palettes were spared.

Top Bottom