What's new

high wattage vv/vw. which to get?

Not sure how many of you guys use high wattage vv/vw boxes but I'm looking for some insight into yours if you have one.

I want a cleanly built box.

I want minimum 120w.

I dont want weird ergonomic design.

I do want reliability, service and ease of use; think swapping batteries etc.

The Truck 120 by u/amdcursed on the r/cursedmods subreddit on Reddit.

I have the Truck v2 which is 60W, but it's top notch and solid quality. If you have any issues with the unit, you just have to send it back to u/amdcursed and he'll fix it for you (1 year warranty, but I doubt he'd charge you a lot for repairs after that unless you fry the chip or something) . If he makes future upgrades to his design, you can even send it to him and he'll upgrade it for a small price.

It takes about 2-3 weeks, since he makes each unit to your specification (i.e. white or black box, blue or red screen, various colored buttons).

Cost is $235 for the Truck 120.

That's not a bad option. I'm jusy wondering what customer service is like at bith sigelei and the guy making the truck mod? Sigelei worried me becausr it's made in china. The truck mod sounds like its a one guy operation and in the event he decided to walk away from his product tomorrow there really isn't anything i can do about it.

The truck also only fores down to .3 ohms where the sigelei fires down to .1 . Seems like the truck could use some updating.

If you dont mind me asking, what will be the intended use for said box? Meaning, are you a cloud chasing, dripping, sub ohming? Or why so many watts?

Then the big question, Authentic or Clone?

Last edited:
Authentic for sure,

I want one box to do it all. I have the DNA40 on the way for temp control when I want it.

This box will be able to be adjusted to suit vaping needs based on any tank/dripper/genny that I put on it.

I'm building at approx .15 ohms most of the time right now. On a fresh battery at 4.2V and .15 ohms i'm looking at 117W ish. So being able to put 150 watts... Well, it's nice to have it if I want it.

I think I might wait out for the better Yihi chip to come out. It's my understanding that the Sigelei 150 is a 330 series chip and is not their flagship 350 setup.

120W is 120W, but whatever works best for you.

Not true. If the wattage can't be delivered at specific builds, 120w is not 120w. Variable devices are still limited in the power they can push to the coil by the resistance of the coil itself.

I see....that may be a bit hard to get the "perfect" vv/vw box mod since its the new craze in the vaping community there are still many improvements that need to come down the pike!! However you are on the right track and have spoke about the chip set i would have had you look at and that is the SX chip set by YIHI, although it does have some good aspects about it, it also has some down falls. I have made several box mods as well as mechs and the SX chip set is getting closer, I still think it has a ways to go before I purchase another one.

I know what you mean about having the power at your will, I have a GI2 250watt box and there is no way in the world will I ever use it to its max capability!!

And I commend you on making the decision to own authentic devices!! All my devices are authentic!! I will not support the cloners, China or other wise!!

Thanks wooky. I'll see what comes up in the next few months I guess.

How is your GI2? I heard they had MAJOR issues and their FB group seems to speak to that....

Yeah Brooksie, they did have some issues, however mine did not. Its a bit of a long story but I happen to know the modder and he personally assembled mine and I have not had one issue as far as function. That being said it could use a bit of help on its appearance although it does not bother me, it does bother others. I have been in the vaping game since the end of 06, so I have seen and owned many devices, very few are worthy of keeping!! I know thats a sad thing to say, but with my background and experience I know a little bit about the vaping industry.

I am on many other clicks on the net, if I come across something that might interest you, I will holler at ya!!

Good luck in your search!!

Last edited:
Not true. If the wattage can't be delivered at specific builds, 120w is not 120w. Variable devices are still limited in the power they can push to the coil by the resistance of the coil itself.

I was just suggesting that you didn't have to build that low with box mods like with a mech mod.

Right now you're not going to be able to find a reliable regulated box mod that will fire that low... but I don't consider Chinese stuff reliable.

Actually the GI2 (just to name one) will do it with no problems!! But I completely understand what you are saying.

Actually the GI2 (just to name one) will do it with no problems!! But I completely understand what you are saying.

GI2 has had issues in the past though.

Even Viscous Ant's Variant has gotten some crappy reviews... and that's like $500+

Lol, yes curse, you are right once again!! Of course if you wnat to look at in the sense that at some point a device had issues, well I guess no one would have a device at this moment, because i do believe just about every device has had some sort of an issue in its life.

Lol, yes curse, you are right once again!! Of course if you wnat to look at in the sense that at some point a device had issues, well I guess no one would have a device at this moment, because i do believe just about every device has had some sort of an issue in its life.

I just think that the more complex you try to make a chip, the more likely it's going to fail. I expect in a few years, a lot of this stuff will get hashed out since companies will actually try to improve the quality of their chips rather than just adding another 50-100W on a new chip.

Brooksie, a device I had been keeping an eye on is the Cosmos based on the new SX mini chipset, looks to be a real nice box. I believe only on FB to get on a list that should be coming in the next few days.

That being said I have also heard from others that the new sx m chipset has pre heat as well as all its other abilities. Just something to keep an eye on, I would probably wait for the second batch to see how the first batch went.

I am also aware that the folks at YIHI are working on a SX chipset called SX-J chipset. I guess this last part is the part that is turning me away from the SX chipset. I say this because, if you are deliverying a new chipset "the mini" and are already working on another chipset? Seems to me that they know there will be issues with the said Mini chipset's and are already making a new chipset?

The industry is getting crazy!!?? Look at the Cloupor chinese box, the day they offered the "New 40watt Box", 3 days later they were releasing a 60watt box? Geez!! China? Cloners US and out of country? We can change this!! There are power in numbers!!

Stay Authentic!!

Wook

Top Bottom