What's new

High Quality Chinese Razors

Are there other quality Chinese razors (at a nice price) like the Ming Shi 2000s?

Is it possible to compile a list?
  • What are they?
  • How much do they cost?
  • Where can you purchase them?
  • How do people feel about them, or rate them?
I'm personally curious if there's nicely made Chinese three piece open comb or slant out there.

I do like a nicely made razor, but laying down 100+ bucks for a razor does have a little sting in the tail. I've certainly brought razors that I felt were overpriced when they arrived and I was able to paw over it.

I would guess a lot of quality razors are made in China. In fact my question would be : What quality razors under 100.00 are not made in China?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I would guess a lot of quality razors are made in China. In fact my question would be : What quality razors under 100.00 are not made in China?

FaTip. :001_tt2:

Good question though. I'm thinking not many...

The Baili is really nice as Esox mentioned. Remei and Yingjili are not too bad either. Look on ebay, these razors are inexpensive.

I figure there are a few not made in China under a hundred, but not many. Not meant to be a thread hijack, but seems it would be a shorter list.

On consideration, ignore my question as it deviates to far from what I believe the original poster's intent for this thread was.

I can tell you that the ming shi is very good quality. It's one of the best clones on the market if you were to ask my personal opinion.

Haha, actually I have a FatTip Retro, and I'm really pleased with it for how little I paid. Especially as I feel it will last my lifetime.

I've actually got the MingShi on order now. I do already have a Genuine Futur (which I think was expensive), so I'm going to be annoyed if the 10USD clone is on par with the German original.

That's kind of what spurred my thought here....I guess I really should have asked 'what razors can I get for 10 bucks that are amazing'?

I reckon the Chinese could produce DE razors as good as anything made in the West, but mostly they don't. Much of their output is of decent quality, but some is abysmal.

I threw a used Derby blade into my Weishi this morning and had a surprisingly close, comfortable shave. It was something like $11 (Cdn) on Ali Express.
Not going to ever unseat my Super Speeds, but heck, the "Antique Bronze" finish is very nice to look at, too.

I have been surprised at how nice the Weishi 9306 really is.
+1

-----

I paid right around $11 for my Weishi 9306 on Amazon. Not bad build quality, and have no complaints about it. This was the razor that introduced me to DE shaving, and I think a person could do a lot worse with their money.

The Razorock Teck II is $10, and it's my understanding that it's made by Baili. If you like Techs, this is an undeniably good deal. Top notch quality on the one I've got, and it gives great shaves. I find it to be a good looking razor, too. Humorously, this razor is one that is re-branded by every Johnny-come-lately in the hipster shave market, and I've seen it sold for as high as $80! :001_rolle

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
+1

-----

I paid right around $11 for my Weishi 9306 on Amazon. Not bad build quality, and have no complaints about it. This was the razor that introduced me to DE shaving, and I think a person could do a lot worse with their money.

The Razorock Teck II is $10, and it's my understanding that it's made by Baili. If you like Techs, this is an undeniably good deal. Top notch quality on the one I've got, and it gives great shaves. I find it to be a good looking razor, too. Humorously, this razor is one that is re-branded by every Johnny-come-lately in the hipster shave market, and I've seen it sold for as high as $80! :001_rolle

I was given a Viking Chieftain which is also the rebranded Bali I believe and it too is actually a very nice razor. The third example I would certainly suggest is the Feather Popular which is yet another inexpensive Super Speed clone.

Someone ask d how many razors under $10 were not made in China. Answer is a lot of them.

India and Pakistan are large razor producers and make many of the world's ultra cheap razors.

While India makes some fairly good razors (Pearl and Parker are both made there) the majority of the razors from Pakistan are really not worth buying.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm personally curious if there's nicely made Chinese three piece open comb or slant out there.

I'm not certain if Razorock sources from China, India or both. But there is both a slant and open comb available pretty cheaply.

Slant
Open Comb

Maggards also sells a slant and open comb. You can buy the heads and handles separately.

Slant Head
Open Comb Head

Both stores are better than buying direct from China because another set of eyes is looking over the quality of what you will be receiving.

I'm not certain if Razorock sources from China, India or both. But there is both a slant and open comb available pretty cheaply.

Slant
Open Comb

Maggards also sells a slant and open comb. You can buy the heads and handles separately.

Slant Head
Open Comb Head

Both stores are better than buying direct from China because another set of eyes is looking over the quality of what you will be receiving.
And depending on where you're located, 3+ months delivery, if it ever arrives, can dull the excitement.

Slant
Open Comb

Slant Head
Open Comb Head

These are some great suggestions. The German 37 is something that I keep circling back to. It's just a pity that the Italian Barber does not offer economy international shipping like Maggards do....which means I'll have to order the Wunderbar instead to offset the cost of shipping :001_rolle

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm sure there are many that are worth the selling price. The problem has always been that it's difficult to predict if you'll get one of the good ones when the prevailing quality control attitude seems to be to crank out more cheap product.

Top Bottom