What's new

High quality asthma-friendly and allergy-friendly shave soap?

Hi all,
I am looking for a shave soap with no artificial fragrance and no dyes. By "high-quality" I just mean something you are happy to use (works for shaving and doesn't destroy your skin).

My asthma sometimes reacts to essential oils, too, though I can sometimes get away with essential oils from herbs such as rosemary or mint. Jasmine, rose, ylang ylang, lavender, and tea tree essential oils have all set off my breathing at some time or another.

Because my dye allergy is very severe (anaphylaxis), I can only purchase from a company that discloses their ingredients.

I have previously used Dr. Bronner's liquid but looking for solid or cream these days, since I'm finding the Bronner's to be unpleasantly runny - it keeps spilling all over the place despite my best efforts. The Dr. Bronner's also doesn't create enough cushion to save my skin from razor irritation. I've seen unscented shave bars on Etsy but a lot of them seem like re-labeled regular soap.

Anyone out there have some product recommendations?

Last edited:
You could try making your own. I did this with reasonable results. I used melt and pour glycerin soap base, added some bentonite clay and extra glycerin and poured it into 2 Oz containers. I added plumeria essential oil, but you do not have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had Asthma my whole life. So I can understand your question and desire for a good soap. I use Van Der Hagen. I do not react to the scent and there is an unscented version. You can also buy soap base from amazon and add your own essential oils.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haslinger has released a "Sensitive" Shaving Soap in the last year, unscented to my nose and a magnificent performer

Mystic Water unscented soap. Fantastic soap. Ingedients list easily available. No scent whatsoever. Very skin friendly, with one of the best post-shaves in the business, IMO.

Top Bottom