What's new

High Mpg Vehicles

I'm always tickled when the post bumping a long-gone, dead & buried, ancient desiccated mummy of an ex-thread continues the conversation without missing a beat. :lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm always tickled when the post bumping a long-gone, dead & buried, ancient desiccated mummy of an ex-thread continues the conversation without missing a beat. :lol:

Perhaps it took the resurrector five years to walk to his keyboard to reply. He should have driven.

On the bright side, re-reading old threads often serves to remind us of the many dimwitted, boorish members who are no longer with us, and how much better the site is for that.

I dive a 4 cyclinder and the gas milage is only a slightly bit better if at all than my old car with a V6. It still baffles me because I traded thinking I'd be saving all this gas $$$$

Perhaps it took the resurrector five years to walk to his keyboard to reply. He should have driven.

On the bright side, re-reading old threads often serves to remind us of the many dimwitted, boorish members who are no longer with us, and how much better the site is for that.

Are you implying that we (and especially I) are witted and non-boorish? How dare you! :001_tongu

I drive an Alfa Mito 1.4 155TB, and get about 31mpg combined. I do like to drive fast and skid around on the snow which probably lessens my efficiency by a couple of mpg. On highway I get around 35-40 mpg.

Well of the vehicles that I have owned over the years. I loved my old 77 Datsun King Cab drove it for nearly 15 years till some little punks vandalized it. She had close to 350,000 miles on her and she was almost all original, except for the engine and a tie rod and the usual replacement parts. The timing chain guide spring broke around 290,000 miles and caused the guide to break off and I didn't have the facilities to rebuild her. Heck she got 25 MPG, not bad for a 2.0L running a weber carb.
Now oddly enough the mother in laws Buick Century was a the oddball 3.0L V6 and got 30MPG and was a 1990. I was sad when that tree fell on the road right in front of me one windy day and I had enough time to stop after ramming into it and limp home with one headlight bulb not broken. Man that was one comfortable ride

Top Bottom