What's new

High mountain badger from whipped dog

A few weeks back I ordered my first badger brush from Larry to complement my omega boar brush, it arived this week and now that I've got a few shave under my belt I'm forming an opinion on it.
i love it- the resin handle is simple and sturdy, can't fault it really.
The knot has lost about 6 hairs total I the past 3 shaves so for a new brus that's really good, it does seem to be losing some colour in the water and I'm not 100% what that's about, it's soft,dense,floppy and smells like I got the back end of the badger :p
im still working on changing my lather method as you can't approach hard soaps with a big floppy brush, in the same way you would a boar brush but the lather I'm getting is not as foamy but it's definatly more slick as the brush holds more water, while this dosnt look as good in photos for shaving it's my prefrence.
good value in this brush-highly recommended.

nice, I have been thinking of buying one as well, anyone know the difference between the high mountain and silvertip? same price, is one better than the other?

I have a silver tip from him. NO complaints.

Will he re-knot? I'll start shopping for vintage handles if he does good re-know work?

i asked him or Rudy Vey once and response was positive. Just can't recall which guy.

Are they back in stock? I was going to order one, but the site stated some time in April. I guess I will check the site.

From what he tells me the high mountain are comparable to the silver tip although the high mountain has a slightly stiffer hair, honestly it's like lathering with a cloud, a lovely slightly smelly cloud.
as for the colour in the water honestly even by the third shave it is almost gone as is the scent acctually, 10/10

nice, I have been thinking of buying one as well, anyone know the difference between the high mountain and silvertip? same price, is one better than the other?

The high mountain has more backbone (stiffer) than the silver tip. Still soft feel and great for soaps.

I recently sent a Silver Tip shedder back to WD in exchange for a High Mountain. Definitely scratchy out of the box compared to the Silvertip. Only lathered about 6 times though.

A few weeks back I ordered my first badger brush from Larry to complement my omega boar brush, it arived this week and now that I've got a few shave under my belt I'm forming an opinion on it.
i love it- the resin handle is simple and sturdy, can't fault it really.
The knot has lost about 6 hairs total I the past 3 shaves so for a new brus that's really good, it does seem to be losing some colour in the water and I'm not 100% what that's about, it's soft,dense,floppy and smells like I got the back end of the badger :p
im still working on changing my lather method as you can't approach hard soaps with a big floppy brush, in the same way you would a boar brush but the lather I'm getting is not as foamy but it's definatly more slick as the brush holds more water, while this dosnt look as good in photos for shaving it's my prefrence.
good value in this brush-highly recommended.

Can you pls share your customization? I would want one that has good backbone :)

From what he tells me the high mountain are comparable to the silver tip although the high mountain has a slightly stiffer hair, honestly it's like lathering with a cloud, a lovely slightly smelly cloud.
as for the colour in the water honestly even by the third shave it is almost gone as is the scent acctually, 10/10

Is it scritchy?

The high mountain has more backbone (stiffer) than the silver tip. Still soft feel and great for soaps.

What Dave said above. They are not scritchy at all, very soft, but with backbone. Also, you need to really clean them throughly when you get them. They break in great and shave like a dream. My WD High Mountain has become one of my favorite brushes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

What Dave said above. They are not scritchy at all, very soft, but with backbone. Also, you need to really clean them throughly when you get them. They break in great and shave like a dream. My WD High Mountain has become one of my favorite brushes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Love that handle.
I purchased a high WD high mountain 24mm from Larry a few months ago. Amazing brush, very soft tips with nice backbone.

Top Bottom