What's new

High End SS Razors with head that covers the whole blade

I have Timeless, Karve, and Tatara(I like a pretty mild razor). They're all nice shavers, but I have a pet peeve about the blade ends sticking out the sides of the razor. I just got a Razorock Gamechanger 68 & it covers the whole thing. I like this one a lot & it shaves very nicely. I'd like to get something similar, but a bit more refined.

What others cover the whole blade?

I'm considering getting on the Wolfman list--looks like that might be what I'm looking for.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks, guys

Off the top of my head, from what I have, Rocnel Sailor, Blackland Tradere, Above The Tie Windsor, Haircut & Shave P076, Feather AS-D2 all cover the blade tabs completely. Karve Christopher Bradley too if you opt for the wide top cap. I’m sure there are plenty more that I haven’t used.

Wolfman WR2 doesn’t quite cover the whole of the blade tabs - it’s about the same as a Timeless, Muhle Rocca or a Blackbird and there is a little bit sticking out.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You have a Karve razor and you can buy a extra wide top cap for your razor that protects you and will save a you some money also. You more than likely knew this already but some others might want that top cap also.

You have a Karve razor and you can buy a extra wide top cap for your razor that protects you and will save a you some money also. You more than likely knew this already but some others might want that top cap also.
I did not know this. I have one on order now. Thank you very much!!

I have a Rex Ambassador and haven't noticed any blade sticking out. It gives a great shave, whether on setting three or setting nine, though I have to go slow and careful on nine.

I have Timeless, Karve, and Tatara(I like a pretty mild razor). They're all nice shavers, but I have a pet peeve about the blade ends sticking out the sides of the razor. I just got a Razorock Gamechanger 68 & it covers the whole thing. I like this one a lot & it shaves very nicely. I'd like to get something similar, but a bit more refined.

What others cover the whole blade?

I'm considering getting on the Wolfman list--looks like that might be what I'm looking for.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks, guys

"More refined" = "more expensive" ? :001_smile

. Charles

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
As far as I know...and I own a WR1 and a WR2 Wolfman...the top cap does not cover the blade end tabs. The RazoRock Lupo razors cover the blade end tabs. The Karve razors have what's called a wide body top cap that also accomplishes a successful blade tab cover.

Last edited:
Rocnel Sailor and associated new lines will make you happy. Can't go wrong with the 2020 if you don't mind the weight and hammer-like head. I love both features.
IMG_2030.jpeg

The Rex Ambassador is not that well made I think.
But hey, you can allways do some pimping for it!
Those surfaces was not sraight, but now they are!
I use Naniva stones 3K+8K and 10K, then diamond pastes W10+ W3 and finaly W0,5 whit board leather strop.
I did not expect this changes anything, only eye candy job.
Suprice suprice! It become a lot "accurate" and kinda precise and very smooth now.
The Rex did not get that mutch shaving time from me, but now it`s one my favorite one.

New video by Kari Savolainen - https://photos.app.goo.gl/1n392JpUM16qQqMW8

IMG_20211230_173704872.jpg
IMG_20211230_190459806.jpg

Surprise surprise! It became a lot more "accurate" and kinda precise and very smooth now.
The Rex did not get that much shaving time from me, but now it's one my favorite ones.
Nice job! :thumbup1:

Are you going to make the numbers more readable too?

No need, cuz I do not care what setting I use, just what feels right at the moment. It`s out of my skils to make numbers, engraving tools I do not have....yet..

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Sexy German supermodel-"PILS".
It completely covered the side, as if afraid of the blade to escape.
img_3_1641118355829.jpg

img_2_1641118334284.jpg

I use my bare hands ( I'm a mechanic). In this time it works. There is a bit thread locker glue, looks Locktite. If it won't open hand force, you can heat it a bit, but no more than 90 celcius.
Tip: you can use boiling water

Top Bottom