What's new

High End Den Clearing - Straights, DE, Software and More.

Status
Not open for further replies.
***UPLOADING PICTURES _ Please be patient***

I have decided to start reducing my collection to a more manageable size. Up for sale are some truly top shelf items. All prices include shipping to US50 via USPS. Payment via PayPal or Venmo.

Straight Razors:
1. Iwasaki Tamahagane 58mm - mint condition. Comes with a custom pair of Joe Edson Ghost Jade G10 scales and original packaging. This is about as rare as it gets. These rarely change hands and when they do it is often upwards of $1500. I am selling mine for $1025.

$IMG_3887.jpg$IMG_3888.jpg$IMG_3889.jpg$IMG_3890.jpg$IMG_3891.jpg

2. Joe Edson Smiling Odin's Edge 15/16" Suminagashi. ¾ hollow. Scales are stabilized buckeye and walnut shell in purple resin. Comes with matching brush. Shave ready. $700

proxy.php

proxy.php

3. Joe Edson Bamboosori Odin's Edge 13/16" Suminagashi. ½ Hollow. Scales are stabilized blue/purple curly maple with warthog tusk wedge. Shave ready. $700

proxy.php

proxy.php

4. Joe Edson Damascus Bamboosori ⅞" Kamisori grind. ¼ hollow with carbon fiber scales. $500

proxy.php

proxy.php

5. Joe Edson Barbelin Suminagashi 29/32" Double Belly full hollow. Giraffe bone scales with bog oak wedge. $850

proxy.php

proxy.php

6. Mitsuon 3000 Molybden Steel. Purchased NOS. Comes with original box. $195

proxy.php

7. Le Grelot #14 Round Point ⅞" refurbished by Joe Edson in Koa scales with mammoth Ivory wedge. $350

proxy.php

8. Daishi 350 Tamahagane Folding Kamisori. $295

proxy.php

9. Kanayama 80,000 Shell Cordovan Strop. Brand new, never used. $250

proxy.php

proxy.php

10. Joe Edson Custom folding knife. W2 steel with Hamon. Thunderstorm Kevlar and Carbon Fiber scales. Blue anodized/jeweled titanium liners. 3.375" blade. 9"OAL. Action is a little sticky. This was Joe's first ever attempt at making a liner lock. $200

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Double Edge:
1. Gillette Toggle F-4. Playing is all original. Numbers have been repainted. Works perfectly. Excellent condition. $350

2. Gillette British Aristocrat #15 with original case. Case and razor are in excellent condition. Plating is all original. Two small areas of brassing on one door. $425

Software:
1. B&M Night Music Soap + AS - New. $65
2 B&M Hallows Soap + AS - New. $65
3. B&M Leviathan Soap - New. $32.50
4. AdP Colonia Soap and AS. New, out of box. $160
5. Strop Shoppe Alpine Frost - New. $15
6. Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb EdT. 95%+ - $60
7. Penhaligons EF Tallow puck - New. $90
8. MdC Original - used once. $60
9. MdC Fougere - used once. $60
10. MdC Camomile pre/post shave oil. $40
11. Antica Barbiera Colla Almond Cream. New. $60
12. Fine Vetiver AS. - New. $12

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accessories:
1. Aesop Stainless Bowl - SOLD
2. The Big Shave Custom Scuttle- green. $60
3. Symmetrical Pottery Shave Bowl. Red/grey. $45

proxy.php

Last edited:
Apparently you can only edit these ads for 15 minutes after creating them. Here are the pictures of the DE razors above.

$IMG_3840.jpg$IMG_3844.jpg$IMG_3848.jpg$IMG_3849.jpg$IMG_3851.jpg

Since I am not allowed to edit the posts. I will be listing the items that have sold in the comments. Confusing I know, but it is the best I can do.

Sold items:
MdC Fougere Soap
MdC Original Soap
B&M Leviathan
B&M Night Music Set
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb

Last edited:
English Fern Tallow and AdP Soap and AS have Sold. In the software section, only the Hallows, ABC, Alpine Frost, and MdC Pre/Post Shave oil remain.

Man, if that's the stuff you're looking to clear out, I'd love to see what you're keeping!
Beautiful razors by the way, but beyond my budget.

I'd love to pick something from your amazing lot, except I'm afraid my wallet would grow arms and slap me :lol:

Everything looks great, good luck on your sale!

Beautiful razors but the price is highly subjective. Never heard the name of Joe Edson before. Of course he could be the next Van Gogh or just a guy from Oregon with really high prices. I understand why -some- vintage stuff are pricey and I know of Tamahagane being legendary but cannot understand why a razor from a basically unknown "artist" can commend such high prices. Just my humble opinion, meant no disrespect to anyone.

The blade shape/geometry is a bit off for some of Joe's blades. The only guy that can get away with those shapes is Maestro Livi.
Joe is a well-known, widely respected artist, who knows how to properly grind and finish a razor.

I won't be buying any of the Joe Edson razors today but I find them to be stunning. Really beautiful work there. I certainly enjoyed seeing the pics.

Gentlemen buy with confidence...i have made a couple purchases (straights) from this seller and i assure items are perfect. Sadly if i had more available funds at the moment I'd be picking up some volunteer these razors.

Fyi: the straight prices are bellow what was paid new for those that are questioning.

Understood - sorry. I should have emphasized the *I* more as in I never heard of him and voiced the simple fact that I don't see anything special in his art.

Either way, to each his own and GLWTS - good luck with the sale.

Cheers!

Your posts are disrespectful to Joe Edson and his work that is highly regarded among straight razor shavers. While you are more than welcome to comment on price, you have no right to bash his work on my BST thread because you "don't" see anything special about it". Shame on you.

Gentlemen buy with confidence...i have made a couple purchases (straights) from this seller and i assure items are perfect. Sadly if i had more available funds at the moment I'd be picking up some volunteer these razors.

Fyi: the straight prices are bellow what was paid new for those that are questioning.

Thank you my friend. Hope you are well. I appreciate your comment.

Your posts are disrespectful to Joe Edson and his work that is highly regarded among straight razor shavers. While you are more than welcome to comment on price, you have no right to bash his work on my BST thread because you "don't" see anything special about it". Shame on you.

I didn't find the comment disrespectful. I'd never heard of him either. That doesn't mean anything, though, because I've never used a straight and have no interest in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom