What's new

High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022

To celebrate finishing my first complete GRUME and the start of my holiday, I finally unpacked the notorious Roedter 1909. Many consider it the most aggressive DE razor ever.
Though some mock it as a Fatip design fault, others claim it was designed exactly the way it is.
i think this razor is both beautiful and worthy of its reputation. As far as I am concerned, this would be the razor to crave for those who adore aggressive razors.
The shave was perfect, both beard and head. I have some vintage bakelites with huge blade exposure and gap, almost turning them into a blade on a stick. The Roedter 1909 has neither, but still produced one of the best shaves so far for me.
Despite its fearsome reputation, the Roedter 1909 feels and looks feminine, rather than the brutish masculine impression one would expect.
And I must say this beauty needs to be treated like a high heeled vamp. The Roedter demands respect, a silk touch and no pressure. Treat her right and you will feel like a king on top of the world when she has given you the best she has to offer.
Truly, a magnificent DE razor ❤️

4FB655EA-91EF-40F0-A3C7-F6679FC1717D.jpeg

Razor: Stirling Soap Co ST plate (2)
Blade: Lord Platinum Classic (2)
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Sheep
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut

Let’s make this a Stirling Saturday!

2 small nicks; No irritation; Very close, maybe too close; Very Smooth; Pleasant 3 pass DFS++ shave.

This razor has a large gap and a very good amount of exposure. It is the most efficient razor in the house. Since my facial hair seems to grow in circles, I need more than 2 passes to reduce the stubble to smooth. I’m looking forward to getting to know this razor.

Shave log summary 20220620

Cheers!!!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
To celebrate finishing my first complete GRUME and the start of my holiday, I finally unpacked the notorious Roedter 1909. Many consider it the most aggressive DE razor ever.
Though some mock it as a Fatip design fault, others claim it was designed exactly the way it is.
i think this razor is both beautiful and worthy of its reputation. As far as I am concerned, this would be the razor to crave for those who adore aggressive razors.
The shave was perfect, both beard and head. I have some vintage bakelites with huge blade exposure and gap, almost turning them into a blade on a stick. The Roedter 1909 has neither, but still produced one of the best shaves so far for me.
Despite its fearsome reputation, the Roedter 1909 feels and looks feminine, rather than the brutish masculine impression one would expect.
And I must say this beauty needs to be treated like a high heeled vamp. The Roedter demands respect, a silk touch and no pressure. Treat her right and you will feel like a king on top of the world when she has given you the best she has to offer.
Truly, a magnificent DE razor ❤️

View attachment 1481751
Glad to see that you have discovered the joys of the Roedter 1909. :) :cool:

Thread 'BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin' BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/bosc-warriors-vs-the-scheermes-roedter-1909-titan-let-the-battle-begin.609465/

Date
Main Focus:02/31 Days in GRUME (6% and still in)
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash and shower
Cream:TGS Solo
Aftershave:-
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:- Face lathered
Brush:
Omega Super Badger 632
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) N-S
XTG (Gillette Slide) NW-SE
ATG (Diagonal) SW-NE
Razor:Fatip Piccolo Open Comb
Blade:Tiger Platinum (4)
Rating:7/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today's shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11830411

Have a Great day everyone

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June and July 2022
20220702_130416~2.jpg

Razor: Timeless Ti Slim SB (Timeless Crown TRH8 Titanium Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5 and retired)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 in Sovereign Synthetic Fibre
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pre de Provance No. 63
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Belcam Vault EdT Spray
20220702_130510~2.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11830638

Tonight's quick shave was with my 0.74 DC Wolfman WR-1 but on the Stirling Austin handle. For lather I found an old almost-empty tube of I Coloniali that I forgot I had. Lathered it with a Rubberset 400.

Two passes plus touch-up to DFS.

Funny thing is that I was trying to trade this Wolfman a couple of weeks ago because it had more blade feel than I wanted. After shaving with the Stirling ST for a while this thing felt like a soft little puppy. Interesting how your perspective can change.

Also I think this razor looked great and performed amazingly well on the Austin handle, which is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Attachments

• 20220702_215034.jpg
    20220702_215034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
image.jpg

Date​
03.07.2022​
Main Focus:03/31 Days in GRUME (9% and still in)
Other:High Efficiency Razors in July
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face wash
Proraso Green Preshave
Cream:Lavanda
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:Proraso Green
Bowl:Proraso
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400 Aluminium
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) N-S
XTG (Gillette Slide) NW-SE
ATG (Diagonal) SW-NE
Razor:King C R41
Blade:Dorco ST300HQ (7)
Rating:9/10 SAS/CCS/DFS/BBS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11830932

Have a Great day everyone

Last edited:
High Efficiency SOTD - Saturday July 2, 2022

IMG_20220702_173549054_HDR.jpg

Razor:
SNMIRN Adjustable (Baby Futur)
Blade: Kai (10)
Brush: CVS Blade Boar Brush, 24mm
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream
Cream: Nivea Sensitive Calm Liquid Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Ice water, Lucky Tiger After Shave, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Growth: 49 hours
Passes: WTG (8), XTG (7), ATG (6)
Rating: 9.5/10

Results: The Baby Futur is my first adjustable safety razor. I like it. Delivers a nice smooth shave. Efficient with a sleek design that has good heft (110 grams), surprisingly grippy handle & magnets that hold the blade & cap securely. Enriched with Vitamin E & Hemp Seed Oil, I was able to easily face lather this new Nivea Shaving cream. Wet Shaving Expert, Elvis Costello, advised me for best results, you need to "Pump It Up" for great lather. After today's DFS result, it's end of the line for my 1st Kai blade. Binned it. The Kai blade lived up to its winning reputation. Sharp & smooth. For my 10 shaves I achieved 7 BBS & 3 DFS results. Stellar performance!!!

Elvis Costello - Pump It Up

Glad to see that you have discovered the joys of the Roedter 1909. :) :cool:

Thread 'BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin' BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/bosc-warriors-vs-the-scheermes-roedter-1909-titan-let-the-battle-begin.609465/
Pls tell me @never-stop-learning
Which of the two razors has more blade feel? The Roedter 1909 or Stirling's SS razor with Hyper Aggressive plate?
Asking for a friend 😏

#SOTD

RazoRock Wunderbar
Stirling Port Au Prince
Stirling badger Fan Knot
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum

IMG_20220703_151549.jpg

Wunderbar is a great example of underrated efficiency in razors, it depends upon the light touch and the resulting shave is great enough to raise the sanity of any more thoughts of Razor purchase (for me at least).

I have been testing various blades for the past few months, and finally, the majority of blades from the sample pack were deemed not fit for re-purchase.
7 O'Clock Super Platinum came out with flying colors as it suits my needs in all my razors; the only other blade with similar results was Nacet.

Port Au Prince is great to have and I enjoy using it to make my day even more interesting as it brings back my a bit younger days, some adventures, and a few misadventures as well.

Wishing you all a great Sunday and a satisfying week ahead.

Top Bottom