What's new

High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022

Razor: Blackland Vector (53)
Blade: Feather AC Professional Blade (4)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Sheep
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Alum; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Unscented Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close and Very smooth. A pleasant DFS+ steep angle shave. 4 passes + touchups.

Shave log summary 20220620

Cheers!!!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Blackland ERA Level 5 Open Comb. The most efficient of the ERA family. Just the right amount of blade feel. Great razor. And yes, I’m in for July!

FE3FB952-96B6-4CED-905F-954F88E93E3F.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I was at my orthopedics' getting a broken rib looked at years ago and he kept poking it saying "tickle or hurt?, tickle or hurt?"

It was probably the surgeon’s most reliable diagnostic, but still sounds like you stepped into a cartoon world for your medical treatment

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was at my orthopedics' getting a broken rib looked at years ago and he kept poking it saying "tickle or hurt?, tickle or hurt?"

~doug~

It was probably the surgeon’s most reliable diagnostic, but still sounds like you stepped into a cartoon world for your medical treatment

I had a local when I got my vasectomy....and watched the whole procedure. I felt a pull up in my hip. It turns out, the vas tube was attached to a muscle or ligament and when they pulled the vas tube out to snip it, it caused internal bleeding. I won't bore you with all the grisly details, but the blood drained down and collected in the most logical place.

I had to wait two weeks before the blood was liquified enough for the doc to ummmmm "extract" it. Very memorable, I'll tell you.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
My procedure went well, so it took me being darned if anyone else would mow my lawn to injure myself. So glad I went through insurance instead of Craigslist

I used The Winning Razor (Wet Shaving Club, made by Yates) for this morning's shave. Despite being "mild" (minimal blade gap and exposure), this razor works very efficiently for me. I got basically a BBS and irritation-free shave with minimal time and effort. IMO the Winning just may be the best value in an all-SS USA-made DE razor.

Yesterday my shave was all about high efficiency doing it's thing. Only had 10 minutes to shave but still wanted super smooth skin for a full day at the office. The big gap WR1 is my tool of choice. Just a delight to use.
Imagepipe_52.jpg
Today's shave was also highly efficient but with lots of time to enjoy three passes. Not because I needed, but because the soap was so enjoyable and the blade so smooth.
Imagepipe_53.jpg

• 24/30 days in GRUME June (80% completed, still in and almost entering the final week)
  • 23/30 days High Efficiency Razors in June
  • 174/175 days of 365 days of shaving (99.4%)
  • Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)

Prep:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Razor:Fatip Special Edition Open Comb
Blade:King C Gillette (12)
Brush:Razorock Plissoft 400 Aluminium
Cream:TGS Inferno
Bowl:Proraso Green
Passes:
WXTG (2) / ATG (2)
Slanted on the neck
Aftershave:Proraso Green
Balm:
Rating:9.0/10 DFS

Notes to today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11819425

Have a Great day everyone

Ok, so here is my report of my first shave with the Stirling ST.

First, this thing is a real looker. Just beautiful, and with a nice polish. Feels great in the hand.

I made a beautiful lather with my Blue Devil soap and set to work. Right away there was a lot of blade feel. I know everybody has said it had a ton of blade feel, but for some reason the amount still surprised me. So I went shallow, slow, and light, and soon enough I had completed a pass.

Rinsing off I could see that I could have stopped there and nobody would have been any the wiser. It wasn't smooth everywhere, but it was better than the shaves I used to get with a Mach 3.

But I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I lathered up and did a second pass XTG, with the lightest touch possible.

Rinsing after the second pass, the shave was at least as close as a three-pass shave with any of my other DEs. Talk about efficient!

No cuts, no weepers, no irritation. My face feels incredibly smooth. I suspect it exfoliates a little more than my other razors do, as well.

TL;DR: I had a fantastic and smooth first shave with this razor, but I can confirm that it is a beast, and not at all for the faint. I have 13 years of traditional wetshaving experience, and I have about five years of open blade shaving under my belt, too. This razor would be way too much for a beginner, or for anybody whose technique isn't spot on. I feel like my open blade experience made the difference for me.

Ok, so here is my report of my first shave with the Stirling ST.

First, this thing is a real looker. Just beautiful, and with a nice polish. Feels great in the hand.

I made a beautiful lather with my Blue Devil soap and set to work. Right away there was a lot of blade feel. I know everybody has said it had a ton of blade feel, but for some reason the amount still surprised me. So I went shallow, slow, and light, and soon enough I had completed a pass.

Rinsing off I could see that I could have stopped there and nobody would have been any the wiser. It wasn't smooth everywhere, but it was better than the shaves I used to get with a Mach 3.

But I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I lathered up and did a second pass XTG, with the lightest touch possible.

Rinsing after the second pass, the shave was at least as close as a three-pass shave with any of my other DEs. Talk about efficient!

No cuts, no weepers, no irritation. My face feels incredibly smooth. I suspect it exfoliates a little more than my other razors do, as well.

TL;DR: I had a fantastic and smooth first shave with this razor, but I can confirm that it is a beast, and not at all for the faint. I have 13 years of traditional wetshaving experience, and I have about five years of open blade shaving under my belt, too. This razor would be way too much for a beginner, or for anybody whose technique isn't spot on. I feel like my open blade experience made the difference for me.
Congrats on your successful debut shave! Excellent write up! 😀

Top Bottom