What's new

High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Just a teaser:
20220531_212241~2.jpg

Timeless Stainless 0.95 OC+Scalloped Cap (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle).

I'll be shaving later on and will post my full shave after. :)

High Efficiency June -- Shave 1

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: vintage Schick Super Stainless Krona-coated
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Stirling Gin & Tonic
A/S: Proraso Green

IMG_20220601_174633788.jpg

It may not have the highest gap/exposure, but the Tatara Muramasa is a high efficiency razor for me. Two passes and some touchup on the jawline made the perfect ending to this evening.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
High Efficiency June 2022
Razor: Timeless Stainless 0.95 OC+Scalloped Cap (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co White (26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: RazoRock Saturnia
Fragrance: Milton-Lloyd Essentials No 3 EdP Spray
20220531_212157~2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11791338

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency June

Last night’s shave
Sedef barber razor
Half of a Feather Hi-Stainless (3)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: face wash with warm water and hand soap
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: hot shower
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

High efficiency razor meets low efficiency user. Two N-S passes, one S-N pass, and some tiny E-W and W-E on my chin was a lot of fun, but nowhere near the closeness of a RazoRock “German” 37 slant with a fresh Shark Platinum doing a single ATG pass. At least my sharpening deficiencies weren’t the issue.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
First use of my Zenith M23 Copper Manchurian Badger today. It was very nice... soft tips with a bit of scrub but no scritch.

The ESC Claymore Evolution continues to perform flawlessly. I like it even better with the lighter Timeless Ti Crown handle. Not that the OEM handle is bad but the lighter weight is nice. And in case you missed it, Executive Shaving Co. has a sale on to honor Brian Mulreany's retirement after 13 years at the helm. 20% off. Code: BYE2022.

I just started flipping my blades after every shave. I didn't expect much but today was the 6th shave with this Kai Titan MG guarded blade... and it felt like the first use. I'm a bit shocked, truth be told. I gotten 6 max shaves with the Kai and Feather AC guarded blades but I could always tell when the blade had hit the wall on that 6th shave.

Two pass shave with minor buffing on my chin.... extremely comfortable shave... DFS territory for sure. Like many of you, I've give up on that BBS shave. I don't have any babies handy to compare anyway.

6_2_2022.jpg

Sorry for the slight turn on the Baume.be Pre-Shave... for those of you with OCD.... rotate it a few degrees clockwise... thx. <eg>

Hopping on-board with the Muhle R41 GS.

Noticeably more aggressive than the alloy R41,
Nice. More aggressive? Hm, not sure, but not saying you are wrong. I'll just have to do a side by side shave with both razors... good thing is there's plenty of time left.
With this shave level, I am afraid I'll have to shave every other day !
Indeed, that’s the drawback of this high efficiency razors on my face, too. I'll stick with a 1.5 days shaving routine and hope my skin won't react sore. We'll see.

20220602_155426-01-01.jpeg

Today's shave with the rose gold version of the standard R41 was flawless in every aspect, the razor knocked down my stubble like nobody's business. 2 passes and the standard touchups let my skin feel pretty happy.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom