What's new

High efficiency, low blade feel razors?

No the Overlander shaves different than the Yates. Less blade feel and a wider use angle. It’s super smooth and fairly efficient. The end results should be about similar though.
That's very helpful, thank you. Because I feel the fixed-angle razors, although granted, pretty safe, just frustrate me. I need that wider use angle. I think ideal for me would be somewhat wider use angle and very safe. (I've given up on chasing BBS. I'm tired of the nicks and cuts.)

Here is the link I wanted!

LOL You're messing with my mind! The below is from that thread.
confused.png

Kind of surprised there is no mention of the PAA Meta-4 razor in this thread. You almost have to check to see if there is a blade in it, but it mows down the whiskers plenty well. Fairly large blade gap and I'm guessing slightly negative exposure. That's the recipe for efficient with little to no blade feel.

G

Guest2023

Kind of surprised there is no mention of the PAA Meta-4 razor in this thread. You almost have to check to see if there is a blade in it, but it mows down the whiskers plenty well. Fairly large blade gap and I'm guessing slightly negative exposure. That's the recipe for efficient with little to no blade feel.

Meta-4 is very underappreciated. It has little blade feel and shaves very closely.

I think it is one of the best modern razors available today. I prefer Meta-4 to many of high-end razors I've tried.

The only negative thing on the Meta-4 is its handle. I think PAA should throw away that ugly and boring Superspeed handle and revive original handle of Kirby Beard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like razors like this. I'm a daily shaver and don't need an aggressive razor but I do like a close shave so an efficient but mild feeling razor is sort of my holy grail.

I'm surprised there have been no mentions of the Futur. I think it's one of the kings of this category. The Progress also belongs here but I saw it mentioned at least once already. Both of them turned down to 2 or 2.5 have very little blade feel but are still very efficient. The Parker Variant is also worth considering since the head is a pretty close copy of the Progress.

Some of the razors mentioned, I'd disagree with a bit. The Pearl Flexi is so heavy there's no way to get rid of the blade feel. Even turned all the way down, I still felt it. The Rex Ambassador isn't quite as bad but it's still not a Gibbs, which is a razor I'd put in this category too. The Timeless Ti .68 is close. It's a razor I really like but still has more blade feel than a Futur or Progress.

Meta-4 is very underappreciated. It has little blade feel and shaves very closely.

I think it is one of the best modern razors available today. I prefer Meta-4 to many of high-end razors I've tried.

The only negative thing on the Meta-4 is its handle. I think PAA should throw away that ugly and boring Superspeed handle and revive original handle of Kirby Beard.
I agree. I bought a dark blue bottom piece for it, and it makes it look a bit better, but the handle is also too heavy for the razor, in my opinion.

I put the head onto a titanium handle and it's a brilliant, comfortable little razor.

G

Guest2023

I really like razors like this. I'm a daily shaver and don't need an aggressive razor but I do like a close shave so an efficient but mild feeling razor is sort of my holy grail.

I'm surprised there have been no mentions of the Futur. I think it's one of the kings of this category. The Progress also belongs here but I saw it mentioned at least once already. Both of them turned down to 2 or 2.5 have very little blade feel but are still very efficient. The Parker Variant is also worth considering since the head is a pretty close copy of the Progress.

Some of the razors mentioned, I'd disagree with a bit. The Pearl Flexi is so heavy there's no way to get rid of the blade feel. Even turned all the way down, I still felt it. The Rex Ambassador isn't quite as bad but it's still not a Gibbs, which is a razor I'd put in this category too. The Timeless Ti .68 is close. It's a razor I really like but still has more blade feel than a Futur or Progress.

I dont think there are many who think Futur has little blade feel. :)

I dont think there are many who think Futur has little blade feel. :)
At 3 or higher it certainly has lots of blade feel. But turned down to around 2 or 2.5 it still has a large gap with very little blade exposure. That large gap means it can still bite if you use any pressure but as long as you don't, it has very little blade feel while still being very efficient. The Progress is similar like that.

The Flexi is really heavy and you're right about the blade feel.

Henson razors offer minimal blade feel and a lot of efficiency.
For me, the aggressive model in Ti ranks at par with Blackbird
in efficiency...and considerably less blade feel/more comfort.

Im very keen to try the medium aggression model but it's sold
out in Ti everywhere...AL is available and reasonably priced,
but I like razors in the 65-100gm range...the AL is about 37gm.

Top Bottom