What's new

Hig789's Brush restore thread

Here's one I got in a trade a few days ago. It's an Ever Ready and the marbling in this handle is amazing. Cleaned up really nice.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I love the way the handle material (Bakelite? Catalin?) darkens around those random age cracks...that combined with the color swirls really makes these old handles special.

If you look at my prior pictures you will see that I have many handles in line waiting to get knots. Maybe buy the time I am 50 I can have them all knotted. I might have to sell a few since I have been buying more all the time. I love the way these handle crack and darken too. I think that's what draws me to these handles.

If you look at my prior pictures you will see that I have many handles in line waiting to get knots. Maybe buy the time I am 50 I can have them all knotted. I might have to sell a few since I have been buying more all the time. I love the way these handle crack and darken too. I think that's what draws me to these handles.

matt i'm in the same boat as you at the last count it's 13 in line for re-knotts and then i go and spend the cash i had put aside to get some knot's on a simspons best which i have been assured by the guy is unused but im pretty sure i don't need....

Yeah since I bought that wee scot last night it has jumped to the front of the line on being reknotted. They quoted me $84 for a Silvertip. Seems steep but worth it. I asked for a super badger since thats the original knot, but I haven't received an email back from them yet.

Yeah since I bought that wee scot last night it has jumped to the front of the line on being reknotted. They quoted me $84 for a Silvertip. Seems steep but worth it. I asked for a super badger since thats the original knot, but I haven't received an email back from them yet.

I guessed you had got your hands on a simpsons as your sig had changed as for the price maybe a little high but if that includes them doing the work i guess its not too bad with what you have already in the brush i'd be inclined to get it done by them...

Yeah sorry check the main page I found a wee scot in super badger. I'm hoping the original knot is usable. Ecause they don't offer super badger in that knot size anymore. And I hope for that price they clean the handle up too.

Yeah sorry check the main page I found a wee scot in super badger. I'm hoping the original knot is usable. Ecause they don't offer super badger in that knot size anymore. And I hope for that price they clean the handle up too.

It is a nice looking brush i'd assume the knot is usable and if the price doesn't include a clean up of the handle i'd haggle with them about the price, isn't the seller of the brush a member here as im sure i've seen that name on the forum..

Here's a Ever Ready 150 I found today. The second pic is next to my 200 to show a size comparison. And the other one is a Erskine T-400, it has a chip that you can see i the pic. I still like the shape of it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's my new baby. Butterscotch Wee Scot in super badger. Can't wait to try it out. Might have to get it reknotted though. Hair is looking pretty thin.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Congrats that does look nice have you worked out what type of knot you'll get if you have to re-knot it and are you gonna go the simpsons route i just don't know if i could pay that much for a knot with what you have in the handle already i finalised my knot for the culmak this morning said it would be made up in a week then just gotta wait for it to be delivered...

Here is another one that came today I got cheap on the bay. It's a made right butterscotch that should clean up nicely.

proxy.php

Here's my newest. I'm pretty sure it is vintage Vulfix 2235 but that's still up in the air. The handle is 52mm tall and the knot is 22mm and still has very good back bone to it.

proxy.php

Top Bottom