What's new

Hig789's Brush restore thread

Here's one I found today. Funky handle shape, but it is very comfortable in your hand. The knot looks unused. I'm guessing pure badger by the scritchy feel.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry for the crappy pictures. My iPhone doesn't like the bulb in the lightbox.

I cleaned it with dish detergent and the hairs are sticking/matted together when it is drying. I was going to use it as is but I don't know if the hairs are still good. Any tips on how to fix this.

Here's one I got in the mail today thanks to jgriest03. This is a very nice handle and has a rich butterscotch color to it. It's a Plymouth and has a 20mm hole, I am going to widen it enough to take a 20mm knot.

proxy.php

You've got some nice butterscotch handles. I particularly like the Opal. You do great work on the cleanup.

That little Plymouth butterscotch is going to be pretty with a nice TGN knot in it. Maybe a 20mm TGN Finest XH Fan 2-band:punk:. Man I love those Finest XH fans....

The hole is not that deep and I really don't want to drill it out any. I'll have to check on the lofts of their knots. I don't have any fans yet but I have a 20mm super badger fan waiting in my mailbox today when I get home. It might have to go in this handle.

Alright I got a 20mm super badger fan today and I got three different handles I can put it in. Here they are with the knot in them. First is a Klenzo, second is a Opal and third is my new Plymouth. Opinions?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Oh man, it's got to be the Plymouth! I knew a nice fan would look good in that bad boy. Looks classy!

Seriously though, it might come down to loft height, and which handle will allow the height that you want. It looks the best in the Plymouth, but I remember you saying that you couldn't/didn't want to drill any deeper. So, if you are unable to get a loft height that suits you in that handle, I would set it in handle #1.

I 'll have to see how deep I can get it, I can clean the hole up a little bit. I can get 48mm out of it right now.

Well I went with the Opal. Here it is set @ 46mm. I am going to get a silver tip for the Plymouth.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Here's one that's going out to trick420. Fuller butterscotch with a 20mm super badger fan set between 45-46mm.

proxy.php

Top Bottom