What's new

Hig789's Brush restore thread

I figured instead of starting a bunch of new threads when I'm restoring the brushes I acquire I will just post them here. Starting it out will be the marbled Ever-Ready 150 I got with today's scores. It didn't take much, it was in really good shape to begin with, all I did was use some Mothers plastic polish on it. Here's a link to the original thread with before pictures.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
That looks great. You found some great brush handles. Do you think you'll put a boar knot into any of them?

Are you going to try that knot at all first? Is it shedding at all?

A 22mm blonde boar would look great, if you could get one!

I may reknot one with a boar. I have many choices now because most of the knots in the handles I got are in bad shape. This one is not too bad though I might try it first. It just has been screaming for a silver tip to me since I first saw it.

Also, you have a lot of handles to restore, if you can try and take advantage of TGN's quantity discount. I think it kicks in at 10+ knots of any variety.

Here's one that I finished up tonight. Ever-Ready 200. The top of the black part looked like it had been chewed on by a dog so I took it to the buffer and smoothed out most of the marks and polished it with Mothers. I love the bottom of this handle how it is crackled, I think it adds a lot of character to the Bakelite.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's another one I have been working on for a while. The handle is completely hollow so I didn't want to risk cracking the handle or drilling through it . I am going to put a TGN 28mm silvertip in it for my first silver tip brush.
proxy.php

I just repainted the lettering on these two. The bottom of the Ever-Ready is worn so the lettering looks like crap. The Erskine turned out awesome I think. It's going to look beautiful with a huge silver tip in it.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom