What's new

Hi

Even though I signed up back in February, this is my first post here at B&B. I have been a fairly active poster over at SMF, but for some reason I never really looked elsewhere. Recently, I have been poking around on some of your threads and I have found that I like what this site has to offer. Both sites have their own niche. Rather than continuing to be a lurker, I thought I'd introduce myself and become an active member.

As an introduction, my name is Danny. I am 43 years old. I am married (22 years), and I have 3 children and 1 grandchild. I am the Director of a Mosquito Abatement District in Louisiana. I have been wetshaving since February of this year. After my stepfather gave me some old Gillette DEs, I bought a brush and a couple of tubs of Taylors creams, and have never looked back.

I am an avid collector of old Gillette one-piece razors--particularly those made from 1934 through the mid-fifties. The collection is coming along nicely, but I'm still missing a few razors.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. You've got a great site here with a lot of information. I hope to be a part of it.

There's a familiar face. Welcome to the participating B&B. Did anyone tell you that if you are from Louisiana, and have been lurking over 30 days, you have to provide the gumbo?

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
There's a familiar face. Welcome to the participating B&B. Did anyone tell you that if you are from Louisiana, and have been lurking over 30 days, you have to provide the gumbo?

Thanks. Consider yourself to have a standing invitation. :smile:

Seriously, if you are ever out this way, let me know.

Cigar Dan said:
Thanks. Consider yourself to have a standing invitation. :smile:

Seriously, if you are ever out this way, let me know.

Thanks for the invite, but all of the reasons I had to go down into bayou land had to relocate. Does Port Sulphur ring a bell? All they had left was the steps to their home.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Thanks for the invite, but all of the reasons I had to go down into bayou land had to relocate. Does Port Sulphur ring a bell? All they had left was the steps to their home.

Yep. Plaquemines Parish was absolutely devastated. I hope everyone you knew there was ok. I'm sorry about their loss of their homes in any case.

Yep! I've been a cigar smoker for about 20 years now. I don't smoke as many as I used to. In an effort to cut down, I'll smoke them for 2-3 days over the course of a weekend, and then I'll wait a couple of weeks before doing it again.

Doing that makes me appreciate them that much more when I do smoke them. Besides, my RAD and my SCAD has been eating up a lot of my disposable income lately.:001_smile

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Director of mosquito abatement in Louisianna? You must be busier than a one-armed paper hanger.

Welcome aboard, and thanks again for the lovely injector and Milord.

"Sometimes a Cigar is just a Cigar"- Freud.... You know I checked out some of the other boards before joining this one... SMF is so big and there is a lot of information there based on the large memborship there. I know it sounds funny but I always like the asthetic aspect of things... for me at least half of a restaurant experience is the asthetic appeal. I like the B & B logo and I also like that its not too huge... sort of like attending a church... the huge ones just leave me feeling lost in the shuffle. Also, there is surprisingly little drama here! My god, its just about shaving! Who cares if someone doesn't appreciate your Busy Bee Badger brush, randy rickety razor, blue blade, and sheep smelling soap shave routine! Welcome and enjoy!

-Brandon

I agree! I checked out a couple of boards informally as I started wet shaving, and had no real intentions of becoming a "member" of any board--never have done the board thing for any other hobby before--but just started to feel comfortable here, and, like you, I like the aesthetics of the B&B community--the way the boards are set up and look, the ease of use, the quality of discussions, the variety of opinions, and the size is just right.

Welcome!

Top Bottom