What's new

Hi there

Hi all,

Just popping in to say hello, I've been DE shaving and lurking for about a month now. Read many a thread and have got lots of fantastic advice from this forum over the past month or so. You guys are fantastic.

Got started when I ran out of canned goo and decided to buy an Omega boar brush and a tube of Proraso from the local drug store instead of canned goo. Had previously read an article of the Art of Manliness blog about shaving with a DE razor and a brush. This linked me to B&B and Mantic's videos on my quest to learn how to lather with my new brush and cream. A few short hours later, I had placed an order for a Merkur HD, a couple of soaps, a badger and the rest has been history.

Absolutely love shaving now, still shaving at night, as it takes me fair too long to do this in the morning at this point in time, but I love having that half hour to relax and shave. Plus, my face is still smoother in the morning than fresh after a shave with the Fusion and canned goo.

Thanks for all the advice so far and looking forward to becoming part of this great community

Ain't looking forward to shaving the craziest thing? I used to shave every Mon. Wed. and Fri. and HATED it, and now it's like I hear the shaving cream truck and I run into the bathroom.

Welcome, Nic. Glad to have ya!

Absolutely agree, shaving is best left for the evening. Having the time to do a proper job, and treating yourself a little at the same time is paramount!

Welcome to the community! Who would ever have guessed there would be a bunch of fellows that LOVE to shave!? Enjoy!

Top Bottom