What's new

Hi there folks!

This is my first post ! I have a razor that was given to me by my barber. Very rough shape. fine rust, tarnished bad, busted scales NO etching but over all good shape on the blade. I tossed scales as zero chance of restoration but cleaned up blade and polished. I know there is ALOT of work to be done but is this salvageable? I was wondering on date of razor and the type. I believe it is the "You Lather Well I'll Shave Well" true wedge style blade however I could be way off. Im new to straight razors and enjoy my king cutter but looking for something thicker blade wise. Below are the pics any help will be great!
20190325_133147.jpg
20190325_133236.jpg
20190325_134720.jpg

Hi and welcome

Yes Wade & Butcher did make a razor with you lather well I will shave well, and with the razor having England on the shank dates it to after 1890s that as close as we can get.... But the main point is yes it should make a good razor....

thats a sweet find. id love to find an affordable wedge

I'm not sure what sizes you are looking for but the sheffield wedges like W&B, Joseph & Sons etc but I found a great affordable wedge/slightly hollowed wedge a red imp 132, its only a 11/16 or 5/8 but its an amazing shaver.

Cheers,

Mawashi

Excellent Ill look into these. I have a Boker King Cutter ( new razor ) and I find my beard is a bit tough for it. Im looking for something a bit thicker. Although the DOVO blade seems a bet more sturdy.

Top Bottom