What's new

Hi People! My name is Steve and I’m a newb!

Hi folks,
I’ve just started on this adventure.
I’m about a half dozen shaves in. So far no issues.

I’ve historically found shaving more of a chore than something enjoyable, and despised the numerous cartridge systems I’ve used over the last 35 years or so. Questionable sharpness, clogged blades and a stupid price point.
Terrible canned foams and red raw skin.

So I started looking around on the web... and I found this forum... filled with more knowledge than I could shake a stick at and a joyous level of fanaticism.

So I ordered a Merkur 34c and some Astra platinum and Derby extra blades. I also ordered an Art of shaving kit and a tub of Taylor of old bond street shaving cream.

Then I started digging into the forums... then I checked my local Craig’s list... now I have an Ambassador, blue tip, fat boy and plastic cooper...

And I’m looking at soaps.... and brushes.... and at other blades (ordered bic and feather blades)...

But I’m going to save money... right?😁

Anyways, I’m Steve, I live in Vancouver, Canada

And I might just have a bit of a problem.😉

Welcome to B&B!

While at the moment your spending money, that might go down as the newness wears off, most importantly though you've changed something that you consider a chore into a passion and something enjoyed!

Welcome to B&B Steve. I hope you’ll enjoy yourself here and discover what the rest of us have.... that removing facial hair is not a chore but pleasurable zen like experience.
There are a couple of shaving supplies vendors in Canada, you might like to peruse their websites. You also have a good soap artesian BC based Highland Springs Soap Co, check them out too.
Please fasten your safety harness tightly to prevent falling too deeply into the rabbit hole.

Welcome to B&B Steve. I hope you’ll enjoy yourself here and discover what the rest of us have.... that removing facial hair is not a chore but pleasurable zen like experience.
There are a couple of shaving supplies vendors in Canada, you might like to peruse their websites. You also have a good soap artesian BC based Highland Springs Soap Co, check them out too.
Please fasten your safety harness tightly to prevent falling too deeply into the rabbit hole.

Thanks for the welcome!

I would be pleased to hear about Canadian and local suppliers.
Always like to support locals if I can.

That’s how I rationalized the Rockwell Model T purchase...
That just showed up at my door.

Thanks for the welcome!

I would be pleased to hear about Canadian and local suppliers.
Always like to support locals if I can.

That’s how I rationalized the Rockwell Model T purchase...
That just showed up at my door.
Classic Edge Shaving and Top of The Chain are shaving supplies vendors based in Canada. There maybe more.
Highland Springs Soap company already stated

Take a look at this new guy. Already starting with the funny jokes. 😜

Welcome from Toronto. I am pretty new as well and the folks here are amazingly patient, knowledgeable, genuinely nice and quick to tell you all about new things to spend your hard earned money on.

You will love it but your wallet won’t IME. 🤪

Take a look at Italian Barber, Top of the Chain and Fendrihan. If neither of those 3 have something you are looking for, it likely doesn’t exist or you don’t need it. Great companies to deal with in Canada for shave soaps, blades, razors, etc.

Classic Edge Shaving and Top of The Chain are shaving supplies vendors based in Canada. There maybe more.
Highland Springs Soap company already stated
Some links:

Classic Edge Shaving
Top Of The Chain
Highland Springs Soap Co.
Italian Barber (RazoRock)
Fendrihan

EnablersRus.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I’ve just started on this adventure.
I’m about a half dozen shaves in. So far no issues.

I’ve historically found shaving more of a chore than something enjoyable, and despised the numerous cartridge systems I’ve used over the last 35 years or so. Questionable sharpness, clogged blades and a stupid price point.
Terrible canned foams and red raw skin.

So I started looking around on the web... and I found this forum... filled with more knowledge than I could shake a stick at and a joyous level of fanaticism.

So I ordered a Merkur 34c and some Astra platinum and Derby extra blades. I also ordered an Art of shaving kit and a tub of Taylor of old bond street shaving cream.

Then I started digging into the forums... then I checked my local Craig’s list... now I have an Ambassador, blue tip, fat boy and plastic cooper...

And I’m looking at soaps.... and brushes.... and at other blades (ordered bic and feather blades)...

Anyways, I’m Steve, I live in Vancouver, Canada

And I might just have a bit of a problem.😉
Welcome Steve!!!
Hope you enjoy the wealth of knowledge here, there's alot of it!!!

You really hit the ground running!!!

Top Bottom