What's new

Hi from Utah

I got into wet shaving after buying a knife sharpener that said it could also sharpen staight razors (SR). Well I bought cheap SR to test it. Well it couldn't, but I still shaved with the thing to test it out. Needless to say, I loved it. I bought several quality SRs and started doing the best I could. I bought a DE razor for a business trip and I was hooked.

Now I shave with DE most days but I still shave with a SR once or twice a week. My shave is my favorite part of my morning and often what gets me out of bed.

I have a collection of modern and vintage razors with my favorites being 1950's era Gillettes (not very unique I know). I lean toward aggressive razors with smooth blades, shaving most often with a Gillette Red Tip, Mulhe R41, or a Gillette 195 at 7 or above. However lately I have really liked the Parker Variant. I rotate between Voskhod, Permasharp, and Feather (in the PV), and just got a pack of PolSilver blades.

Looking for a place to socialize were people don't think it's weird to have 10 different aftershaves (AS) and 5 years of soap, and still buying more.

Welcome from Sandy dude....30+ soaps and $600+ in DE razors, any questions feel free.

Also, have you hit Mini Moustachery in Fashion Place Mall? It's a great place to spend $.

Welcome to the forum!

Top Bottom