What's new

Hi from new member in Cardiff, Wales - here is some of my collection

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Hi from Cardiff in South Wales. I have been reading B&B for a while and thought it was time to say hello. I have been DE shaving for a few years now and favour vintage razors, Tabac and MWF, short loft scrubby brushes, and Faberge Brut, Shulton Old Spice, and vintage Yardley aftershaves. My favourite DE razors so far are the Hoffritz slant, Gibbs No 16, Eclipse Red Ring, and what I think is a Leresche #44 open comb. I favour user grade examples as I am not a collector and have no interest in display pieces. I also use a Feather Artist Club DX with the Pro blades and am slowly improving my technique. My favourite brushes are my Semogues - 2011 LE 51/100, 2016 Foro Afeitado LE 66/100, and 2019 Foro Afeitado LE 2-band 19/50, and also my Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian. I also have the Semogue 2018 TSN 2-band 82/100 but I find it a little lacking in density and backbone compared to the others. I attach a photo for your interest of my current rotation but it changes month by month! Not sure what else to say, I will post when I have something to contribute but have mostly come to learn. Thanks for the welcome, Richard
20191103_072727.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Nice collection! Wouldn't mind trying one of those small brushes. They seem more practical when shaving around a beard.

EclipseRedRing

Welcome to the forum. Nice collection! Wouldn't mind trying one of those small brushes. They seem more practical when shaving around a beard.
Thank you - I prefer 2 band brushes up to about 25mm and with a short loft. The tortoise shell Wee Scot is a fine everyday brush, despite what some may say about it being a novelty item. It is 'best' but feels more like 'pure' to me, but I have found Simpson Best to be very variable. I am not a fan of the modern trend of oversized brushes and garish handle colours, still, it keeps down the price of smaller brushes! The brush on the back left is a 24mm Mervyn Cadman. I have just bought an Ever Ready 1912 on the bay and am looking forward to trying it; I have been reading the advice on here about blade angle and will see how it goes. I use a Feather AC DX some times and I think the technique may be similar - we will see!

EclipseRedRing

Thank you all for the kind welcome; I hope I can contribute something useful to the forum.

Welcome Richard! Thank you for sharing the photo of your kit. You have some wonderful pieces in your den. We're a friendly lot here, Hope you join in.

Top Bottom