What's new

Hi from Holland

Good morning all. Thanks for the warm welcome! Today I will go out for a bike ride, lovely weather. And I'll postpone my SOTD till 30 minutes before I go out....because there is something about stepping out the door with your BBS face, AS freshly applied, that extra fresh smell and feeling outside ... And then going about your day. Off to a good start!.......... Sometimes I hear/read myself talking to others about shaving and how much I like all the things about it and watching videos of other men shaving...and I think what's wrong with me?? It's just freaking shaving!! Then I don't give a damn and go on enjoying it

Happy Sunday everyone!

Well
I’m glad that after you went through all that suffering you found pleasure.

No pressure is a first skill to master. Even more if you use an agressive blade as the feather.
You can use better blades, blades that are sharp or even very sharp but smooth at the same time: 1-Nacet 2: Kai 3: Bolzano (some examples)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Thnx for the tip! My suffering wasn't that bad I find that the DE89 is very mild or smooth and that it works best with a feather for my beard.... So far! My sample pack contained Muhle, merkur, derby, gillette, persona and timor. And feathers of course. But I will take a look at the brands you named and more.

Thnx for the tip! My suffering wasn't that bad I find that the DE89 is very mild or smooth and that it works best with a feather for my beard.... So far! My sample pack contained Muhle, merkur, derby, gillette, persona and timor. And feathers of course. But I will take a look at the brands you named and more.

If you found a good match between the DE89 and the Feather, maybe is better to keep it that way[emoji3]

I found my “prefect” match 6 months after starting wetshaving and find myself now very hard to go back to anything else.

It just seamed that you’re cutting yourself to much and that’s why I suggested tolerant blades.

Kind regards

If you found a good match between the DE89 and the Feather, maybe is better to keep it that way[emoji3]

I found my “prefect” match 6 months after starting wetshaving and find myself now very hard to go back to anything else.

It just seamed that you’re cutting yourself to much and that’s why I suggested tolerant blades.

Kind regards

O meant you were cutting.... not you are

Yes, I was cutting myself. A few months later and almost no nicks anymore ... Mostly some minor weepers. I know now my technique was wrong. Especially the NO pressure part! You think you don't apply any pressure, but I was wrong there. Anyway, I'm a happy shaver now! Nonetheless I have a long but interesting way to go still and I will look into some other blades you mentioned and probably a few different razors in the future. I recently bought The Beast41, knowing it is a very aggressive razor. I just wanted to try and to love it! But I put it back in its cage for now. First learning better technique with a way more forgiving razor like the DE89!

Welcome March,

It's going to be a fun journey and you'll have good days and bad ones but, know that you're always going to learn something.

Alum is a great thing to get as it'll help you heal n has antiseptic properties.

Also don't rush or try to chase a bbs. Just focus on small areas carefully and you'll soon get the hang of it.

Cheers

Top Bottom