What's new

Hi from Europe !

Many thanks to all of you, guys ! 😎

The R41 is not too much for frequent shaves ? I often read that it can be as lethal as my previous radioactive aristocrat junior #51...:biggrin:

Well...yes, R41 can be a lethal weapon, but on a 3-4 day growth it can give a BBS with few passes.
As already explained in another discussion, I believe that Mantic59 video is a big contributor to the dreaded legend of R41

Well...yes, R41 can be a lethal weapon, but on a 3-4 day growth it can give a BBS with few passes.
As already explained in another discussion, I believe that Mantic59 video is a big contributor to the dreaded legend of R41
Indeed, getting a BBS with few passes can be a benefit for some guys...

Oh yeah, the good old mantic59 !:biggrin: He was already on the web when i started shaving with DE razors. His videos helped me a lot, good memories...🙂

Ok guys, so this week i managed to get back my beloved Merkur HD. But this is the 1st vintage version with the different safety bar, manufacturing for the famous german company : J.A. Henckels Solingen Zwillingswerk (The Twins)... This one -->

It will arrive next week and it is in very good condition but i paid it only 45€, i'm really happy !😇

So i've been using the vintage version of the Merkur HD for several weeks now and i must say that it has a disadvantage compared to the modern version:

--> the blade alignment is not "automatic". What i mean by that is that i must check the blade aligment each time i put a new blade in it !

Which can affect the quality of the shave. It may be the reason that i have the feeling the modern HD shaves closer...

I don't know if that problem affects all vintage Merkur models or only mine, but for that reason i would say that the vintage version is inferior to the modern HD.

So my UK tech #24 is still on the 1st place, followed by the modern Merkur HD in 2nd place and the UK aristocrat junior #48 for the 3rd, although the more i use this junior #48 the more i like it...

Maybe it will take the 2nd place some day...
proxy.php

Top Bottom