What's new

Hi from Duty Druid.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Quick version of my wet shaving history. Always used the cartridge type razors from being a kid, dabbled with the leccy ones a couple of times, and had to in the past couple of years due to throat surgery. 16 years as a bald bouncer taught me how to and how not to shave my dome. Some days it looked like a scene from a Hitchcock film in the shower when the first blade cut close the second cut closer still and the third finished the job off properly haha. Back to the future shaving experiences. The surgeon who did the neck op and fitted me a man scar told me I wouldn’t be able to wet shave again ( think this was down to scar and the inability to feel if cut ) so I bought a modern leccy razor, then around 10 months ago thought about his comment and the red rag came out as the bull charged through my head. Went out and purchased a Wlkinson Sword de razor and blade. Foamed up my heed and of we go, few nicks but nothing too bad. Hmmm I like this. Started to experiment with different creams and
foams to find which worked best ( settled on ToBS sandalwood tub ) bought a new brush and a King C Gillette razor, again trying different blades, thought I need to up my game a bit and recently became the owner of a Merkur Futur. Now this combined with feather blades is an awesome but deadly combination ( back to the Hitchcock days hehe) , got to admit shaving was a chore till the red rag moment, after that it became a pleasure, when I tell the good lady I am off for a shave she sighs and tells me she will see me in an hour.
So there you are that’s me an old ex bouncer with a scar and a few tales to tell.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Welcome to B&B! It is amazing how something that was once a chore can become something you look forward to.

Top Bottom