What's new

Hi from Brisbane

Hi All,

Joined quite a while ago and been lurking and away working. Thought it was about time to say Hi from Brisbane, Australia.

I have been using straights since I joined (thanks to the info on here) but went away with work and went back to the cartridges for about a year. Got my dovo straight out the other day and near tore my face apart it was so blunt. One of my courteous colleagues knocked my sharpening stone box of a bench and broke 2 out of 4 of my stones a while ago, so I am left with a blunt straight and not enough funds to spend on decent sharpening stones.

Long story short just bought my first DE, the Muhle (Same head as the EJ one that has been talked about on here). Really looking forward to getting it so I can give it a go, just hope my face survives :001_smile.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the great info here.

Cheers,
Turkey

G'day mate ...thats a bummer about the stones but i hope a carton or at least a few beers were traded over the loss. I hope you enjoy your DE as i have since finding this shaving nirvana a little while ago.The people here are great and i would say the most giving people i have ever found online. have fun and welcome :001_smile

Welcome mate. Pull up a pew and open a coldie !!! :lol:

Make sure you join Great Southern Land ( see my sig below ) , that's where all the Aussies hang out. We're slowly taking over :001_smile

Enjoy the stay !!!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Welcome to B&B.
Love the Brisbane and surrounding areas, spent a year and a half in Toowoomba.
Don't be shy about asking questions if you have them.

Hello and welcome to B&B.
proxy.php

Thanks for all the replies.

Have joined the GSL sub forum.

Of the honemeisters listed in the wiki, does anyone have any recommendations?

I could also use some advice on which of the following blades from a sampler packI should start with, Astra, Derby, Crystal, Dorco ST-301 and Lord Platinum

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for all the replies.

Have joined the GSL sub forum.

Of the honemeisters listed in the wiki, does anyone have any recommendations?

I could also use some advice on which of the following blades from a sampler packI should start with, Astra, Derby, Crystal, Dorco ST-301 and Lord Platinum

Honemeisters: My only recommendation would be to pick one close to you. Send a PM/email and see where it takes you...

DE sample pack. There are not right/wrong order in this. Pick the blade that sounds/look best for you.

Welcome to B&B!

Sorry to hear about your hones.

I hope you enjoy your new razor.

Have fun and enjoy your shaves.

Top Bottom