What's new

Hi B&B gang

Hi B&B gang,

Some background.. I first gave wet shaving a go two years ago. I had bought a Mühle razor/brush set, a Simpsons T3 synthetic brush, some Feather blades and Caswell Massey soaps. I gave up after one try. Bleeding neck, face burning for days. Got rid of the razor/brush but kept and have used the brush and soaps.

Three to four months ago, I decided to jump back in. Did things right this time through research and patience. Same brush and soaps but went with the Henson mild. Then got the Henson mild, Mühle Rocca, Holy Black SR-71, Mühle R41 which was the best razor for me until few days ago when I got the R41 GS. Tried different soaps and creams along the way.

I joined a sub on Reddit when I started wet shaving again but it's not really active. Tons of views but little to no participation; weird. This places seems very different and I am looking forward to participating and exchanging.

Cheers,
James

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B! Please do find the thread on the R41 GS and leave us a review. I have always wanted to try an R41, but only the stainless appeals to me. Let us know where you got it and how it compares to the regular R41, thanks.

Welcome @Golden_Edge - I think you'll like it around here - more wisdom and help than you'll get anywhere else in the world on the broad topic of shaving. One of the friendliest places on t'internet as well....

Looking forward to hearing more about your journey and experiences.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I like your avatar, James.

I suddenly want to listen to some King Crimson now. :)

6yvesnfc.png

Welcome!

It's very heartening to see a newer shaver persist with DE after an initial rough go. Way to stick to it!

I also want to point out...the bad experience you had to start, while very common, is not the exclusive province of beginners. The wrong combination of gear can, and does, catch veteran shavers off their guard from time to time as well.

Now, there are those here who report being able to get a great shave from any gear choice. I don't doubt them for a moment but they are the black belts, so to speak. I'll just say that despite DE shaving since 2006 and in general since 1985, I most certainly require specific gear to get a good result.

In that spirit, I wish you the best of luck finding all the right gear for you! :thumbup1:

Welcome!

It's very heartening to see a newer shaver persist with DE after an initial rough go. Way to stick to it!

I also want to point out...the bad experience you had to start, while very common, is not the exclusive province of beginners. The wrong combination of gear can, and does, catch veteran shavers off their guard from time to time as well.

Now, there are those here who report being able to get a great shave from any gear choice. I don't doubt them for a moment but they are the black belts, so to speak. I'll just say that despite DE shaving since 2006 and in general since 1985, I most certainly require specific gear to get a good result.

In that spirit, I wish you the best of luck finding all the right gear for you! :thumbup1:

Thank you.

Granted that I gave it a long pause of nearly two years, I always knew I did something wrong. And while I am most certainly still a beginner, I enjoy learning about the hobby. While I have settled on some gear for now but I am still discovering as I go. It's a rewarding experience and adds a touch of class to what can otherwise be a mundane task.

Top Bottom