What's new

Hi All...Checking In

Hi

I have wet shaved since I was 16 years old. My first razor was a Schick Injector with the faux tennis grip handle that my father gave to me on my birthday. Have used disposables a few times and an electric for about a month in the 90's. My wife presented me with an Edwin Jagger 98 on my birthday last month. I was so surprised they still made safety razors that I went searching on the internet and discovered this forum.

Let's see equipment

Soap-- Have always used soap and face lathered, usually Palmolive, Colgate or Williams. Mostly Williams because of the availability. I know that it gets a bad rep on the board but I have never had an issue with it, years of practice I guess. Used Barbasol once or twice in college when my room mates would use my shave puck in the shower. Just could'nt use it on my face after that. I you knew my room mates you would understand

Blades- I use Classic Wilkinson or GEM Blue Star because a friend who owns a drug store can get them for me for $5.00/100 or $10.00/50 respectively.

Current Razors - EJ 98, 2 old Gillette TTO's, and a Gem Pushbutton. All are used regularly and were given to me as gifts or purchased at stores by myself when they used to sell such things.

Brushes - One badger and one boar..have know idea what the brands are, those have long worn off. Prefer the badger but the boar is nice when you have let the beard grow out.

Aftershaves - Old Spice, Clubman Lilac de Vegetal and Clubman Vanilla. Have used them for years, like my dad, and the wife likes them so why change. I always apply them after I rinse my face and while the skin is still wet. My dad used to say they helped the face dry better that way.

Mositurizers - Corn Huskers, Nivea, or Afta

I am learning a lot on the boards and currently am looking to try out some new soaps and get a new brush. Have Cella and Taylors on order but still deciding on a brush.

Have noticed that the new technique is a three pass affair. Don't know if I will adopt this. I was always taught never go against the grain and still cannot bring my self to do it. Keep hearing that little voice "It's bad for the skin". Two passes is enough for me and if I am going out after work I just have a second shave. Don't mind that at all :)

I can usually get a two-pass shave done in under 6 minutes in the morning before work, but I do enjoy taking a much longer time on the weekend and in the evening.

Looking forward to learning more.

PS - E. Jagger or whoever makes the razor should really make a TTO...please!

Dundak,
Sounds like you've got your stuff squared away! Welcome aboard and keep expanding your horizons! (As long as SWMBO lets you!)

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Top Bottom