What's new

Hey, Pretzel Buns!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
You...yeah, you...I'm TAWKIN' to you!

IMG_0673[1].JPG

I was sitting on the couch last night and thought, "Wow. I haven't had pretzel buns for a few years." So that's easy to fix. Started after breakfast and they're ready for lunch.

What other formerly-faddish foods have you been missing? Pineapple Salsa? Chimichangas? Yam Fries? Garlic-Habanero Mayo?

O.H.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I hold anyone with the ability to bake in high regard. All that measuring, weighing and then you put it in an oven and WAIT!?!? Sheesh. That's why the Good Lord made pastry chefs.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I hold anyone with the ability to bake in high regard. All that measuring, weighing and then you put it in an oven and WAIT!?!? Sheesh. That's why the Good Lord made pastry chefs.

Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, in which Calvin is contemplating making some microwave popcorn. "Three and a half minutes?! Who's got that kind of time?"

Mise en place, stir, let it sit two hours. Slap it around, make a ball, put it in the fridge for 24 hours. Shape it, bake it. EZ;PZ. Plus, I'm retired.

My favourite Rose Levy Beranbaum pronouncement has to be her thoughts on bread process. Something to the effect of, "You'll have time for some shopping or to get in some sets of tennis." Or in my context, time for working on something out in the shop or splitting some firewood for the stove. :)

O.H.

Top Bottom