What's new

Hey Head Shavers...

How do you shave your head and what to you use? I break my head up into quadrants, I shave the top, right side, left side, and back. I also do a four pass shave, with the grain, across the grain, across the other way, and against. After each quadrant I touch up. Just curious to see how others do it! Oh also, how long have you been shaving your head?

My head is the only time I use a cartridge. I use the Dorco Pace 3. With my work schedule, time is a premium during the week. Sometimes I’ll use a DE on the weekends when I have more time and do multiple passes. I do one pass before work everyday. I go front to back on the top and sides and neck to crown on the back. Single pass ATG with Cremo, then EO infused witch hazel on head and face followed by After shave splash, balm or lotion all over. I’ve been shaving my head for about 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds very similar to how I used to do it when I shaved with a cart. I also forgot to mention ive been doing it on and off for three years

I shave with an injector and sometimes a cartridge (when I am in a rush). My first pass is from front to back. The second pass is from the back to the front. I shave every day and get a BBS shave.

Twice to 3 times a week. I have a very sensitive scalp so I need time to let my skin heal. I use a DE for a two pass shave then a clean up pass. I use a similar style to the OP and divide my scalp into quadrants. I use a straight if I have the time, which isn't often unfortunately.

I shave daily, or every other day. I usually use the left over lather from my face shave and use a Headblade. I go front to back, then back to front.

When I don’t shave my face one evening, but need to shave my head, I use Cremo or Headbladr Headslick. I finish off with witch hazel and maybe a Bald Guys balm or Headblade Matte Finish after shave lotion.

Last edited:
Once a week I head shave with a Gillette Sensor Excel twin blade cartridge in a disposable Gillette Sensor 3 handle. I find the handle provides the perfect angle for me for head shaving. For the lather I usually use a cream with the sneaky big Semogue OC boar brush and build it in a bowl. And I also use a thin layer of cheap moisturising cream as a preshave. One pass WTG and one ATG with touch ups if necessary and I'm done.

Oops and I also finish with Witch Hazel and then some Aveeno Skin Relief moisturising cream with menthol. I have dry sensitive skin so the last two steps make the difference between a completely comfortable post shave experience or not.

Been shaving my head for about 15 years. Ised to use a mach 3. Then I started using mu DE when I switched to a safety razor.

Pretty much the shave is the same as yours. Except, I go WTG then ATG. Just a rinse and some nivea sensitive balm afterwards.

Unfortunately, my face isn’t as resilient as my scalp.

Been shaving my head for about 20 years, but did have a couple of 5 month periods where I let it grow back.

I use both DE and SE razors, with two passes (WTG, ATG), and then touch ups if needed.

I started head shaving last year during our Florida summers (May - September) and generally head shave every other day with face shaves every day. I typically use an injector on head only days but on days when I shave both face and head together I will use DE and AC format razors as well. I generally only shave against the grain until smooth.

I shave front to back which is atg on top, xtg on the sides, and wtg on the back. Then I rinse, relather, and go back to front in the back which and bottom to top on the sides which is atg. At that point I'm 90-95% BBS so I just touch up anfew trouble spots such as the crown area and behind my ears. I typically use barbasol or recently started messing with using my bar soap, I honestly don't get that much better of a shave using cream/soap and a brush vs barbasol on my head but I do find the whole brush routine adds 5+ mins to my shave that I don't need so I save those for special occasions. I don't bother with de/see/straight in my head, too much time and too many nics. Headblade Moto works best for me, I just bought a different adapter and use personna twin carts that cost me about $0.23 a piece instead of the headblade branded carts which are around $2.50 a piece. I have also tried buying the dorco carts in bulk to save money but they just are not efficient enough for my hair growth vs the personnas.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
My head seems to be easier to shave than my face. I am learning the ins and outs of straights, and use them on my face-still finishing up with a DE sometimes. and use a DE on my head. I do a 3 pass shave and love the ease at which I can get a BBS on my head. It is probably because my hair is very thin and my face stubble is medium heavy.
Love the full head menthol chill effect!

My head seems to be easier to shave than my face. I am learning the ins and outs of straights, and use them on my face-still finishing up with a DE sometimes. and use a DE on my head. I do a 3 pass shave and love the ease at which I can get a BBS on my head. It is probably because my hair is very thin and my face stubble is medium heavy.
Love the full head menthol chill effect!

+1
Yes, I also find it easier to shave my head than my face. The DE/SE give smoother results than any cartridge I tried years ago.

The hair on the back and sides of my head is much finer than my beard hair. The razor / blade combination that left my face looking like a horror show is just fine for the head.

One pass, against the grain for sides and back of head, from neck to scalp is just fine, even with an older blade. If I were to try that on my face, I'd need a blood transfusion, but for my head it seems to work just dandy.

The top of my head grows so few hairs, so fine in consistency that once a week is all that I need to look polished and waxed.

I'm a twice a week (once if I'm too busy) head and face shaver. My head is densely covered in very thick, coarse hair with more cowlicks than I can count. My beard has the same super coarse hair, but it's only average density and with fewer cowlicks. Of course, since nothing is straight forward, all of this is on very sensitive skin. My passes tend to be kind of WTG and XTG at the same time, but only ATG in a few spots. I start up at the top of my crown and go from centerline down each side, then midline down to my neck. I repeat the pattern but run everything at a 45 degree angle from top down, front to back, if that makes sense. A true BBS is very difficult for me to achieve without a ton of irritation and only lasts a few hours, so I'm more of a DFS-ish shaver. For me, prep is as important as my choice in equipment.

I shave every other day with Headblade Moto. Use Dorco Pace 4 carts with Cremo or Kiss my Face in the shower going again the grain

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I shave face and head every morning with the same razor. Today was the Asylum Evolution with a Gillette Nacet blade. For the head I do front to back first, then back to front, then just around the ears, then side to side and one more time front to back.

For finishing I splash witch hazel and the aftershave

Top Bottom