What's new

Hey Diabetics!

I've been using the Livongo system for 3+ years for my testing gear and supplies. Awesome system, automatic uploads for my doc, supplies shipped to my door. Absolutely love it. But with employment changes and loss of private insurance, I've lost my connection. So I'm looking for something dependable that has some kind of app for uploading results. What do you use and what do you like about it? Who can suggest a winning combination?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Never heard about this system, but I use Accuchek for years. My meter can give me averages for certain time periods (7d, 2w, 30d and 90d), and I take it to my endocrinologist and there they upload the data. What I like on this product is that they have a lancet system that has 6 lancets in a drum, so no need to have to load daily a lancet. But I have had no need to buy teststrips yet (may not be covered anyway by MC and maybe not in my SuppPlan.

Best thing to tell you how your diabetes is doing is a Blood Test Called A1-C.

If you Type 2, it’s possible to reverse Diabetes.

There is long list of thing to avoid, Sugar, White Flour, thing Made with White Flower.

Diabetes has bad complications, let’s say list is long.

Not suggesting diet, must change life style & eating habits.

Rudy Vey

Best thing to tell you how your diabetes is doing is a Blood Test Called A1-C.

If you Type 2, it’s possible to reverse Diabetes.

There is long list of thing to avoid, Sugar, White Flour, thing Made with White Flower.

Diabetes has bad complications, let’s say list is long.

Not suggesting diet, must change life style & eating habits.
Do not forget fats. I was once on a keto diet. At first my sugar and my weight dropped quite good. But after some 2.5 months, my sugar went through the roof. My endocrinologist told me that this kind of diet with high fat and protein is the worst for a diabetic. Fats are converted at night through Gluconeogenesis into glucose and stored in your body. I have changed my evening meals to take in very little fat. My morning values totally show me this clearly. I see any morning how bad or good my evening meals were.
If we go out for dinner with friends, I can see it the next day. I have changed the way we eat out that we do this for lunch only and avoid late evening out-dinners. Also, being active during the day helps a lot. The A1C value gives you a good idea how your sugar is controlled. It is a value that pretty much represents the last 90 or so days. There are calculators online where you can convert your average to the A1C value, within some limits, though. I just measure now only mornings.

I tried the Freestyle Libre 2. Very convenient, but the sensors only stayed on my arm for a couple of days. They are supposed to be 14 day sensors, but they would pop off in 4-5 days. Very frustrating. I would not recommend.

Rudy Vey

I tried the Freestyle Libre 2. Very convenient, but the sensors only stayed on my arm for a couple of days. They are supposed to be 14 day sensors, but they would pop off in 4-5 days. Very frustrating. I would not recommend.
That's good to know, my doctor said pretty much the same.

In terms of test strip systems, I've had good luck with Freestyle Lite, Accu-chek Guide, and Contour Next. The system I use is the one that insurance will subsidize test strips for. I've no experience with CGM system, though most of what I read lots of folks like the DECXCOM systems over Freestyle Libre, YMMY.

I agree with @Rudy Vey the Accu-chek lance system is the best I've found.

My wife uses the Libre 2. There are adhesive covers available that help keep the sensors in place. They have worked well for her.
(vendor photo)
31YXpbmMrbL._AC_UL400_.jpg

My buddy is Registered Nurse, his specialty is running people on Dialysis Machines, average cost per month in like 50K. Guy is good guy, I never want to meet as client.

Thanks for all of the responses. I'm debating between 3 options, the Pogo system, One Touch and Freestyle. Monday I'll find.out what insurance covers best. Afterall, isn't that what drives our medical world?

Top Bottom