What's new

Hey Blackland...

I'm with Shane here, a new design would have to be something very unique and special in order to be worth doing. Otherwise just get an Era or Blackbird, you'll get 2x the edges of a 1/2 blade! ;)

It would be even more challenging to hold a rigid edge on a 1/2 blade, so just get an Era which clamps it like no other. (I am a happy Era owner) AC, GEM, and injectors have a rigid blade which gives a rigid edge. You could make a half-Era using an innovative post like you did with the Vector, but a thinner head doesn't seem like enough of a gain to me. The Era is already slim enough to get under the nose/etc easily.

I'm with Shane here, a new design would have to be something very unique and special in order to be worth doing. Otherwise just get an Era or Blackbird, you'll get 2x the edges of a 1/2 blade! ;)

It would be even more challenging to hold a rigid edge on a 1/2 blade, so just get an Era which clamps it like no other. (I am a happy Era owner) AC, GEM, and injectors have a rigid blade which gives a rigid edge. You could make a half-Era using an innovative post like you did with the Vector, but a thinner head doesn't seem like enough of a gain to me. The Era is already slim enough to get under the nose/etc easily.

Understood.

I have 30 razors and 4 are single edge: Vector, Hawk v3, Eco Hawk, and vintage Schick. I use the first three to shave my head, and never use the Schick. I don't use any of the four to shave my face.

I don't need or want another DE razozor but would love to own a high-quality, stainless steel single edge razor that uses half-blades which I could use in my head shaving rotation.

Yes, one guy shaving his head does not mean there is a viable consumer base that would be worth an investment by Blackland, but I would suggest that it might be appealing to others, including those who shave legs, under-arms, as well as beards - if done correctly, and Blackland has proven that they know how to do things right.

Understood.

I have 30 razors and 4 are single edge: Vector, Hawk v3, Eco Hawk, and vintage Schick. I use the first three to shave my head, and never use the Schick. I don't use any of the four to shave my face.

I don't need or want another DE razozor but would love to own a high-quality, stainless steel single edge razor that uses half-blades which I could use in my head shaving rotation.

Yes, one guy shaving his head does not mean there is a viable consumer base that would be worth an investment by Blackland, but I would suggest that it might be appealing to others, including those who shave legs, under-arms, as well as beards - if done correctly, and Blackland has proven that they know how to do things right.
I have a Rocnel SE-P in the BST right now (two actually, OC and SB).:biggrin:

At the moment, I have to say Rocnel's offerings are the "best-of," but they are head-heavy. I prefer to drive them with longer handles like the RR Halo or Timeless(both Ti). Great shavers, but not significantly "better" than DEs and the only advantage over SEs is blade selection.

Hmmm, video from Blackland touting a razor based a "blade platform" that they "have never done before" to be unveiled in Anaheim at California Custom Knife Show. Fingers crossed, though ready to be disappointed that it isn't a half-blade razor. Still curious to see what it is.

I bet it's some form of an injector. There are not many blade platforms out there. Unless Shane is inventing a new blade platform.

I have the Blackland Sabre. An SE but using a gem blade. To my mind it’s the epitome of best practice for current SE Razors. If the folk at Blackland say a half DE is difficult, I believe them.

I (and some others) have been begging Shane @Blackland Razors for an injector for a couple years now. For the past 2.5+ years, I've essentially only used a polished SS Vector head with a Ti artisan handle and a Ti DE razor from H&SCo. Thus, I am spoiled in favor of lighter razors. So if Shane ever releases a Ti injector, my wallet will be ready, willing & able. The Supply adjustable injector has *not* been a joy to own. I bought mine in late Feb, I think, and have used like 5 times; no desire to use it any more tbh.

I have the Blackland Sabre. An SE but using a gem blade. To my mind it’s the epitome of best practice for current SE Razors. If the folk at Blackland say a half DE is difficult, I believe them.

No doubt. His argument, and I understand, is that it would be difficult to engineer a half-blade razor with a smaller head because of the nature of the blade.

But I can hope...can't I?

No doubt. His argument, and I understand, is that it would be difficult to engineer a half-blade razor with a smaller head because of the nature of the blade.

But I can hope...can't I?
Hope keeps us going old mate. If you like a half blade, have you tired the MARS? Module Adjustable Razor System. Half blades to you hearts content. Impressive set of kit and a good shave.

Top Bottom