What's new

Hey Alcohol-Dippers...

What do you keep alcohol in for dipping your razor in after the shave is over? Or perhaps you keep it in a spray bottle or atomizer?
I've been using a small stainless steel container, but I'd like to switch to something softer (plastic, probably) so I can stop worrying about scratching/denting up my razors. Just looking for ideas!

I use a little Orange Round Ceramic Dish Almost same size as The Razor head, fits perfect,
Actually i got this Ceramic Round Dish From Red Lobster Rest. when the waiter put it in the doggy bag i pointed it out to him and he said dint worry about it, I knew one day it would come in Handy :001_tt2:

Small 4 oz rubbermaid container. The ones I got are square shaped and came in a bigger set. They aint good for much due to their small size but have a lid and a fatboy head fits fine.

It works like a charm for me and i get better shaves the next day. It dries properly so you don't get any rust on the blade or razor itself. Also I have no razor burn or even in grown hairs from this. I just started doing this process the last two weeks and it works wonders for me!

Small 4 oz rubbermaid container. The ones I got are square shaped and came in a bigger set. They aint good for much due to their small size but have a lid and a fatboy head fits fine.

This. Works perfectly. BTW - only use it to dry carbon steel blades. Do not use for stainless.

Wow, so couple of more questions:
1. Is this done to help the razor dry and prevent rust? --- Alcohol will evaporate more quickly than water.
2. Do you need to let it sit in the alcohol or just dip it?

Top Bottom