What's new

He's one of my people...

Looked around a few antique stores in Waynesville, OH this afternoon. Town was mostly dead because of the OSU/Michigan game. Went in one shop and spied a flare tip Super Speed in a display case at the counter.

I asked to see it. While examining it, the owner told me about once a month some guy comes in and just tells him more than he ever wanted to know about safety razors.

I said, "Yes, he's one of my people."

[I believe another store owner 8 miles away in Lebanon told me about this same guy last winter]

The owner told me $5 on the SS and I said, "Sold, American."

The owner then told me he was surprised the other guy didn't buy that razor last time he was in.

I told him it was probably because the other guy already has seven of these, while I only have three.

Anyway, it's a 4th Quarter 1965 flare tip with no dings on the handle knurling, light soap scum in the crevices and corners, and fine door operation.

The owner then told me he was surprised the other guy didn't buy that razor last time he was in.

I told him it was probably because the other guy already has seven of these, while I only have three.

Great way to take advantage of OSU vs. Michigan!! Congrats on the ‘new’ razor!! :a14::a14:

Nice to see you are having good experiences in my home state.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's my home state too! I was born in Middletown, went to school one year in Lebanon, had relatives in Morrow, swung off tree ropes into the Little Miami River, prowled the defenses of Fort Ancient, attended Tecumseh and Blue Jacket, consumed my fair share of Skyline Chili, Grippos barbecue potato chips, and Little Kings Cream Ale and can still name the best players of the 1974-76 Cincinnati Reds.

It's my home state too! I was born in Middletown, went to school one year in Lebanon, had relatives in Morrow, swung off tree ropes into the Little Miami River, prowled the defenses of Fort Ancient, attended Tecumseh and Blue Jacket, consumed my fair share of Skyline Chili, Grippos barbecue potato chips, and Little Kings Cream Ale and can still name the best players of the 1974-76 Cincinnati Reds.
Nice! I was born in Ohio and still have family there. Many are near Ashland. It is a great place to live.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I wonder if this mystery man will identify himself?
Congrats on the ss and the deal

It is a bit annoying to know that whenever I'm prowling around Warren County, the stuff I buy are things this mystery man wasn't interested in.

I grew up in Shelby from the age of ten. Ohio is great for antique hunting. My mother was from the Cambridge area. I haven't been back in years and I am overdue a visit with the family. Things have changed so much since I was a boy!

I grew up in Shelby from the age of ten. Ohio is great for antique hunting. My mother was from the Cambridge area. I haven't been back in years and I am overdue a visit with the family. Things have changed so much since I was a boy!
Nice to see a rival here. Go Willard flashes.

I was born in Columbus and lived there (Grandview Heights for any locals) for 30 years minus a stint in Oberlin for college. One sister is still in Columbus (Worthington) and the other has relocated to Cincinnati. Love the midwestern people and the family values that were so evident.

I was born in Columbus and lived there (Grandview Heights for any locals) for 30 years minus a stint in Oberlin for college. One sister is still in Columbus (Worthington) and the other has relocated to Cincinnati. Love the midwestern people and the family values that were so evident.

familiar with all these areas. can't count how many times ive been through Waynesville (if were talking about the same one where the renaissance fest is held.)

short spurt away in Richmond, IN.

I just prowl for SR's so that leaves me out.

camo

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I moved from New England to Dayton for work 16 years ago. There are indeed some lovely people in SW Ohio, but I believe that if God ever decided the world needed an enema He'd stick the bottle right in the middle of Dayton.

Awesome story. I really don't see very many vintage DE Razors in the shops around here. Not sure why, surely people in Southern Illinois shaved back in the day too? Great price on a great find and thanks for the story!

I moved from New England to Dayton for work 16 years ago. There are indeed some lovely people in SW Ohio, but I believe that if God ever decided the world needed an enema He'd stick the bottle right in the middle of Dayton.

The hell you say. The Wright Brothers freaking grew up in Dayton, Ohio. As did Grant, Harrison, ...

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Don't forget Martin Sheen, Dan Patrick, the woman who does the voice of Bart Simpson, Olympian Edwin C Moses, and the guy who invented the ice cube tray. They were all born in and around Dayton.

And they all left. Actually, the ice cube tray guy might have stayed here.

Top Bottom