What's new

He's baaaack

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Hope he hangs around for a couple of weeks again this year. He seems to like my pond as a rest stop...I may have to start charging him rent.

1584057671513.png

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I wasn't able to get pictures, but my favorite eagle sighting was 6-7 years ago. I was driving to the Soo, and up ahead I could see that there was clearly some roadkill on the side of the road, because there were large birds all over the place. When I got closer, I saw a handful of Ravens, and two handfuls of eagles. I've never seen so many in one place, not even a zoo. It was really cool, but they got spooked when I slowed down to try and get a picture.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I wasn't able to get pictures, but my favorite eagle sighting was 6-7 years ago. I was driving to the Soo, and up ahead I could see that there was clearly some roadkill on the side of the road, because there were large birds all over the place. When I got closer, I saw a handful of Ravens, and two handfuls of eagles. I've never seen so many in one place, not even a zoo. It was really cool, but they got spooked when I slowed down to try and get a picture.

At first I thought it was a Turkey Buzzard pecking on the ground, until it lifted its head and I saw the white. I said "Robert, is that you?"

They are not that common here, although about 20 years ago one spent about a year in a dead tree over the stock pond in the pasture next to us.

Here's a couple from last year:

1584145945548.png

1584146079389.png

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That’s really cool. I’ve only seem them at zoos and the first time I was amazed at how big they are.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I saw one a couple years back in a most unlikely place, flying along the Ohio river in southern Ohio. I was driving along Rt. 52 near Portsmouth, OH.

Top Bottom