What's new

Heresy

if u value your face, back away from the red can!(or the blue one, or the gold one)

my first experience with this stuff was as a young lad watching my father 'shave' with it on a regular basis.

first u mix it in a cup with water

then apply (preferably with butter knife)

allow to set( this stuff smells like 10 untreated boar brushes) while still on face :eek:

walk around house reeking

then remove with said butter knife

the next time i used this stuff was when i was searching for a solution to my razor bump problem. i followed the directions scrupulously and when it came time to scrape off the crud, i watched as pieces of skin left also. my face was one huge scab for the next 3 1/2 weeks. :mad:

needless to say, friends never let friends shave with magic powder.

Marty

I've seen a similar product at Wal-Mart. It seems to be marketed at people for whom ingrown hairs and razor bumps are a huge problem. Personally, I am guessing that applying a depilatory powder to your face would be a pretty powerful irritant. Oh, well... - Justin

A lot of African-Americans use this product. I have a co-worker who uses it, and once it is applied, scrapes it off with a butter knife.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
A lot of African-Americans use this product. I have a co-worker who uses it, and once it is applied, scrapes it off with a butter knife.

Randy
ditto - I've a couple of friends who use this and claim it is the ONLY way that they can avoid ingrown hairs. One of these gents has agreed to give DE shaving a try.

I read a rather lengthy amount of info on this product some time ago. As I recall, it is not something that I would be very anxious to try out. It just goes to show you what lengths men are willing to go to while trying to achieve a good shave.

So basically this stuff is like Nair for a man's face. My wife used nair once and said it burned terribly. I can't imagine what this would feel like:eek: .

as a black male, i too tried it, but it wasn't for me. however, by going back to classic way of shaving, i have found that my incidences of recurring razor bumps and ingrown hairs are few.

my dad still uses it- however, after extensive usage, the portion of your face that u apply it too does darken. as a very dark black male to begin with, i figured i did not need to add to my tan in this area.:001_smile

fortunately for me, i had uncles who shaved with the gillette. they used canned goo, but at least i got some experience in which razor to buy. every little bit of knowledge helps. experience is not the kindest teacher, but if it doesn't kill u, you just may learn something.

Marty

Top Bottom