What's new

Here's a question: Does the vape smoke stick to your clothes?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I work with a fellow who vapes in the store. While it surely is against company policy, no one has told him not to. But that's another matter.

He has said on multiple occasions that the smoke doesn't stick to clothes in the way cigarette smoke would. I leave my coat in the office where he vapes at times and I've never really smelled it on my coat.
The skeptic in me doesn't want to believe him, but I mean...the proof is kind of there.

So my question to the vapors here....have you noticed the smoke "sticking" to your clothes? Or say your couch, room, or where ever you smoke indoors?
If not...Why is that?

Thanks!

Nope, but I always have windows open as Propylene Glycol is very toxic to cats. I am looking for pure VG juice to vape inside, and the rest I will just have to use outside.
Also I have been in lots of vape shops, and my clothes never smell after being there.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Propylene Glycol is toxic to cats?! Yikes, I didn't know this. I shall pass along that info to the folks I know that vape.

It's interesting how it doesn't stick to clothing. That's a good thing IMO. But I wonder why not!?

Propylene Glycol is toxic to cats?! Yikes, I didn't know this. I shall pass along that info to the folks I know that vape.

Here is some more info:
http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/propylene-glycol/
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/will-vaping-pg-e-liquid-harm-my-cat

It hasn't been proven with vapour, but the health problems associated with it worry me a great deal. So I open windows to get a little draft, don't blow it in my cats face etc...
Not to mention we have a wee lil garg as well, and I don't want to kill him through nicotine overdose.

It's interesting how it doesn't stick to clothing. That's a good thing IMO. But I wonder why not!?
It just doesn't, I am guessing it has to do with the fact that it is vapour rather than actual smoke. Therefore the smell is not as strong, and the vapour dissipates fairly quickly, unlike smoke which stays until it is aired out. There is probably a very faint odour, but it wouldn't be as offensive as stale smoke.

An e-cig is just a mini fog machine. You're not actually combusting anything.

The coils essentially evaporate the liquid into gas form, much like when you boil water.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
so the smoke isn't actually smoke in the sense we are all used to from what I gather.

so the smoke isn't actually smoke in the sense we are all used to from what I gather.
Its not smoke at all, it is a mix of PG, VG, and food grade flavouring (unless its pure VG). There is no actual burning going on unlike with tobacco.
Sorry for the misinformation, thanks Cursethis for correcting me.

Last edited:
I think this explains it in a rather kindergarten kind of way :p

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
completed in '88
We need a more up to day explanation. I don't trust that one.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Not looking to debate health issues and safer than cigarettes. I'd really appreciate it if we didn't take this thread there.

Just wondering if you all have noticed the "smoke" sticking to clothing/furniture.

Top Bottom