What's new

Here it is. First images of new ATT AL Razor

Just out of the box! Better images to come but her is your first look. They will be up on the site very soon. Note, In person the base plate is not this bright.

Attachments

• $DSCN6484.jpg
    $DSCN6484.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 293
  • $DSCN6487.jpg
    $DSCN6487.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 292
  • $DSCN6493.jpg
    $DSCN6493.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 291
Wow, I must have missed something. What does AL stand for? How are these different than your stainless steel razors? Thanks

Looks nice. Hope you sell a ton of them.

It definitely looks great! ATT quality in aluminum and then to come up with a different color scheme than the standard black or silver is a real stroke of genius that works. I am sure you will sell a ton of them (and a ton of aluminum is way more razors than a ton of stainless steel razors).

Aircraft grade aluminum is a great material for razors. I'm sure I will raise the eyebrows of a few stainless fans out there, but I actually prefer aluminum to stainless. I should say, I prefer aircraft grade aluminum to stainless. I look forward to adding an aluminum ATT to the stash.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
That's really beautiful, Stan. I forget now, is that a new design or is it an Aluminum version of one of your SS razors? Looks like the Atlas to me. What's the weight compared to the SS?
Once the Sabbatical is over, I may be interested (no may about it)

Wow, I must have missed something. What does AL stand for? How are these different than your stainless steel razors? Thanks

They are machined from a block of aircraft grad aluminum them tumbled for deburring then sent off for anodizing (adding the color). They are made to the same specks as our stainless. They are lighter and provide a wonderful shave. I have used the prototype the last two mornings. They sing nicely. With all of the cost factored in it looks like it is going to price out at $96.00.
Still fully machined, made completely in the USA.

That's really beautiful, Stan. I forget now, is that a new design or is it an Aluminum version of one of your SS razors? Looks like the Atlas to me. What's the weight compared to the SS?
Once the Sabbatical is over, I may be interested (no may about it)

Yes, fully machined 7075 aluminum. Nothing pushed out of a mold. You get the same precision craftsmanship and performance we are famous for but for a lot less money. It is a copy of the Atlas R1 (our best seller) but the handle is longer, same length as the Kronos (3.5"). I have been asked many times to make a longer Atlas handle so here it is.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Oh yeah. The kronos length makes it even nicer, I prefer a longer handle. Any plans on making it with the H1 head? I really like the more aggressive razors, but it's not a deal breaker.

Oh yeah. The kronos length makes it even nicer, I prefer a longer handle. Any plans on making it with the H1 head? I really like the more aggressive razors, but it's not a deal breaker.

Not sure at this time. I sometimes used the H2 and I like this AL better.

Would it be correct to assume aluminum parts are Not common in safety razors, even nowadays? I'm new to razors in general. Looks nice curious how it shaves!

Would it be correct to assume aluminum parts are Not common in safety razors, even nowadays? I'm new to razors in general. Looks nice curious how it shaves!

Aluminum has been very common in safety razors for a long time as part of a zamak alloy in casting the parts. However, only recently has it been machined and using a higher grade aluminum (and not zamak). Recent razor makers are Ikon, Razorock, Colonial, Rockwell, and ATT. Having owned an Ikon and Razorock machined aluminum safety razor, I will say that the only difference between the machined aluminum and machined stainless steel razors is the weight and the price. The quality is the same, and for some cheapo like me that expect champagne on a beer budget, it works great.

Stan,

Will the base plates be available for sale separately, so you could buy the AL R full razor and then purchase the AL M plate?

Stan,

Will the base plates be available for sale separately, so you could buy the AL R full razor and then purchase the AL M plate?

At this time no.
I believe there is a lot of potential for a full AL line however I need to gauge demand. Hopefully there will be plenty of intrest.

Top Bottom